PX-5S, noisy keys

Bob Stiffler

I have a 2 year old PX-5S..It is connected to a Windows 10 computer and does not get a lot of use.  I also play lots of music from 1950's  for senior citizen audiences and house parties.

My  problem is the key noise on my PX-5S  is getting so loud  that makes playing soft passages near impossible.  II is making my keyboard non functional from my point of view.  

Do I, and many others  have a case against Casio because non-performance  of their product.?   Other characteristics of this keyboard are great.

What say you all?

Bob Stiffler

P.E. (Retired) 

All weighted digital keyboards make noise. The action is made of hard plastic except for the hammers that are metal. Acoustic pianos have noisy actions. You tend not to hear it because of the loud volume of the strings when the hammers hit them. I would tend to agree that Casio is among the noisier keybeds, however they have a very good action and their boards are reasonably priced. If you want a quieter keybed you have to pay more for it. That's something you have to decide for yourself if the cost is worth it to you. Does Casio know this? Yes they do. But they make great products at unbeatable value. I 've owned three Casio keyboards including now a PX5S and love them all.