motor boating noise

winefredbell

Hi Tnicoson, I'm back here again with the Casio 7200, I'm still acquiring the

motorboating noise it as been to casio three times and  still no joy I'am seriously thinking about getting a assessment on the work they have done on it, it's no different from the first time it went for repairs if enything it's got worse .I have contacted you to see if you have any idear what's wrong with it or anybody else as any idear what's wrong with it because casio has't a clue what they our doing thanks

Motor-boating is, typically, the symptom of a failed, or failing, bias (NOT BIOS - that is a computer term and a different subject entirely) feedback capacitor in one of the audio amplification stages.  Now, that said, further discussion of that phenomenon would be beyond the scope of this discussion.  Suffice it to say that this situation was much more prevalent it the days of discrete component electron tube type equipment, because of the much higher voltages, currents, and temperatures common to those devices, but it can, and does occur in discrete transistor devices and today's micro-miniature integrated circuit devices.  The problem is that most service bench technicians of today are trained and experienced in board diagnostics and replacements rather than discrete component diagnostics and replacement, due primarily to the intricate design or today's densely populated integrated circuit boards and the inherent difficulty of field replacement of discrete components.  What disappoints me, in your case, is that you sent a defective device to Casio, and they returned it to you with the defect still in tact.  They should have, at least, been able to isolate the problem to a specific circuit board and provide you with a reasonable estimate of repair charges, if it was no longer under warranty, or to have returned a repaired or replacement unit if it was under warranty.  If it was under warranty when you first sent it to them, then they still owe you an effective repair or complete replacement, even if it is no longer under warranty, but that is between you and Casio. I have no control over that, but you may want to make an appeal to Casio's Mike Martin here, if you are unable to reach a reasonable solution with Casio's repair center.