Blade Runner (Main Titles) | Casio PX5S

Recorded this a couple of years back when I first got the PX-5S.

One of the reasons I got the PX-5S in fact was hearing Mike play it and learning that his setting came on board. 

It was the first stage setting I ripped apart to see how he made it and I made my own based around it. 

Wasn't going to upload it on youtube because I didn't want my channel taken down but there is actually a list of songs you can upload and they'll just put ads on it.  

I only found the list last week looking through the settings on the channel. This is on the list. 

I figured as Blade Runner 2049 is out, I'll stick it up. 

Haven't seen it yet but I will. No spoilers please :2thu:

Movie Maker and youtube probably deteriorated the audio a bit. Not really sure. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!

Very nice work!

Fanboy music and interpretations thereof, are ALWAYS my favorite kind to listen to.

Maybe YOU should have scored BR 2049!

Oh one little note.

Mike Martin did the BLADE RUNNER titles on a XW-P1 ONLY, at least to MY knowledge.

If I'm wrong or mis-informed, please let me know!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/27/2017 at 5:16 AM, skyy38 said:

Wow!

Very nice work!

Fanboy music and interpretations thereof, are ALWAYS my favorite kind to listen to.

Maybe YOU should have scored BR 2049!

Oh one little note.

Mike Martin did the BLADE RUNNER titles on a XW-P1 ONLY, at least to MY knowledge.

If I'm wrong or mis-informed, please let me know!

Thanks so much. MM also did one for the PX5s. Stage setting 3-3 is Deckard's theme. There's video somewhere I believe too of him playing it. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:58 PM, dc2k said:

Recorded this a couple of years back when I first got the PX-5S.

One of the reasons I got the PX-5S in fact was hearing Mike play it and learning that his setting came on board. 

It was the first stage setting I ripped apart to see how he made it and I made my own based around it. 

Wasn't going to upload it on youtube because I didn't want my channel taken down but there is actually a list of songs you can upload and they'll just put ads on it.  

I only found the list last week looking through the settings on the channel. This is on the list. 

I figured as Blade Runner 2049 is out, I'll stick it up. 

Haven't seen it yet but I will. No spoilers please :2thu:

Movie Maker and youtube probably deteriorated the audio a bit. Not really sure. 

No, this version sounds just FINE to me! :)

As long as you start with "High Quality" then the "damage" to your track is minimal, if anything at all!

The bass is especially nice!

I was thinking, when the NEW Casio CT-X5000 comes out, you should get one, and re-do this theme yet again, as an "A-B" comparison!

The PX-5S runs on the "AiR" Sound Engine.
The MZ-X500 which followed, runs on MXi.

For the FIRST time in history though, CASIO is going to introduce their latest Sound Engine. AiX on the CT-X5000, which is HALF the cost of the PX-5S!
This is BIG, because in the past, the NEW TECHNOLOGIES were introduced on higher priced keyboards FIRST, before the technology "trickled down" to less expensive rigs!

This is a very bold move by CASIO, and one I personally think, that will make EVERYONE take CASIO , much more seriously than they did, in the past.

Long story short! Think of it as getting a slice of PRIME RIB for the price of a BIG MAC!!!!!!

I'm not kidding! I am already wanting the CT-X5000 like YESTERDAY, because this rig, is going to blow everything else OUT OF THE WATER, as concerns "Performance to Price" ratio!

Stay TUNED!!!!!!!!

• Like 1