Tweaking external sounds live

CaptainStorm

I found someone who mentioned this online 

"Just to experiment, plug in an MP3 player, play a song and see what you can do. There is a template built into the XW to get you started, SoloSynth P:9-9 Basic& Mic IN is set up with the External Input active.

But I can't seem to find the place being discussed.

There are lots of things to get you where you want with this. 

Solosynth is also a good start to experiment the various ins and out of the XW. 

And set it up in a Performance together with assigning #cc Cutoff, Release etc to the knobs. 

Also setup multi-key if you want different dsp to trigger or filters. Performance P:0-2 to P0-5

show you how it's done just look inside of them by pressing edit and go to multi-key in the menu.

Press the mixer button to bring up the mixer menu and use the "-  / Part button" for 

going to external, Here you can turn DSP on as also several other things how you like.

The place where anything XW is discussed can be find here in the FAQ.

So far I have found I am able to go to Tone 099 and it enables a mode where If I press a key on the piano it lets through the external audio signal and applies synth effects to it,  IF I plug into the MIC or Instrument jack. (Losing the Stereo signal from the Mp3 player) The MIC jack the signal is really badly fuzzy, and noisey. and sadly it also is playing a super annoying note at the same time. If I plug in the INSTRUMENT IN jack. It is a clean sound at least but So far I have not been able to do any synth effects on external audio source without pressing a keyboard key.

As far as the audio inputs - The stereo IN just passes through the device and cannot be affected at all it seems and this is the one I most want to work.

I have already been into the EXT mixer controls and they have no effect on the external audio signal.