Video Files on Forum ×

MZ X500 Firmware wish list

Carter

I see there is a new generation wishlist for the MZX models. I wanted to create the same idea here specifically for the current model MZ X500 and possible firmware updates that users would like on board.

I have to gather all my ideas and post them here in comments. Please feel free to do the same, thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The velocity sensitive pads could take advantage of being used like the buttons on remote controls. The longer you press a pad, the greater it adjusts parameters/volumes accordingly.

This would be a good solution to include to address issues of changing sample volumes.

• Thanks 1

I was willing to create a tread with this very same intent. I'm glad I'm not alone and there's one already!!! 

An improvement suggested is to move the control area of the assignable knobs (K1 & K2) to the right, so that they lay above them on the screen. By this simple move, the touch control on screen doubles as LABELs identifying the assigned function.

This change requires a minimum effort in the screen design, simply moving the Phrase control to the far left (please check attached picture).

Currently, driven by the screen, I often actuate the Value willing to reach K1 (or reach K1 willing K2).

This small change would help, specially when paying in the dark.IMG_3302.thumb.jpg.f0953441a9a72a0b12a946c96f748e99.jpg...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sounds good! Only one from me too.

For Pattern Recorder:

Ability to assign specific keys to the pads so that user samples can be played on pads during pattern recording.

This helps for making your own user rhythm and would improve the value of the velocity sensitive pads by using the pads to create drum patterns in the pattern recorder.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 6:08 PM, DIAA said:

I was willing to create a tread with this very same intent. I'm glad I'm not alone and there's one already!!! 

An improvement suggested is to move the control area of the assignable knobs (K1 & K2) to the right, so that they lay above them on the screen. By this simple move, the touch control on screen doubles as LABELs identifying the assigned function.

This change requires a minimum effort in the screen design, simply moving the Phrase control to the far left (please check attached picture).

Currently, driven by the screen, I often actuate the Value willing to reach K1 (or reach K1 willing K2).

This small change would help, specially when paying in the dark.IMG_3302.thumb.jpg.f0953441a9a72a0b12a946c96f748e99.jpg...

Hello there,

I did update MZ's fw to current version 1.50 and I"m extremely happy to share, The above is already done!

Kindly check the control labels right over K1 and K2 knobs at the new version screen below.

Thank you Casio !

That was a learning to me: before dreaming for a suggested improvement, I should be optimistic, less cautious and update to the latest firmware version.

I might be already there...

Cheers !!!

IMG_3989.JPG

• Like 2