Help me name obscure demo song???

Jamie

Ok, I have a really random request:

Can anyone help me name an obscure demo song with almost no info to give you?....

When I was a kid in the late 90's, I had a Casio keyboard. Don't remember the model number (that would be too easy, wouldn't it?). I remember it had round speakers and big buttons in the middle and a midi interface and less than 88 keys. It was silver.

It had a ton of sounds and demo songs. Some songs were Londonderry Air, American Patrol and Bluebells of Scotland. Then there's this one song I can't get out of my head but can't for the life of me remember the name of. Can't find it when I search for demo song lists.

So I will take a shot in the dark and describe it here in case someone happens to be familiar with that keyboard and song. (Not enough info probably but I thought i would try).

The song is mostly in a minor key. It modulates a little to the major in the bridge. The strings carry the melody at least in the bridge. I don't remember if the rest of the melody is strings or oboe or something. The melody starts by going up a minor scale. It sounds very sad. Like a Russian ballad. It kind of reminds me of Song Without Words by Holst but it is not that song. 

I attached a recording of me singing the main melody minus the bridge so you didn't have to submit to the torture too long. Lol!

It sounds Classical Russian to me but could be a theme from a movie or soap opera for all I know! Maybe if you don't have the keyboard but know a bit about music you will recognize it?

This has been driving me mad for many years. Thank you for your time. :)

Voice_171011_2.3gp

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie !

I find it very difficult to compare your voice to a keyboard piano tune.  Sorry. but my "ear" is just not that good anymore.  Why don't you try to pick that tune out on the keyboard and record/post that in addition to your voice recording, but I will continue trying to match it to the few Casio demo songs that I have access to.  As of now, like AlenK, I do not recognize it.

Silver and POSSIBLY 76 keys, with round speakers and big buttons that could be the "track record" buttons.
Demo songs number at least a 100, I think.

Late 90's, possibly 1998, if that's where my best guess would be-The WK-3800.

But also remember that more than a few WK Series boards during that time frame were silver in color.

Ted, check out your WK-3800 and see what you can find.

Wow everybody thanks so much for trying! 

I haven't heard about Soundhound but I will check it out.

And thanks so much for the WK-3800 lead! I will try to find that song list and see if it rings any bells.

God bless you guys for trying!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, Jamie said:

Wow everybody thanks so much for trying! 

I haven't heard about Soundhound but I will check it out.

And thanks so much for the WK-3800 lead! I will try to find that song list and see if it rings any bells.

God bless you guys for trying!

You're Welcome! 

:)

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/3/2018 at 9:56 AM, Stephanie.d.bull@gmail.com said:

I kid you not, I have been in the same predicament for a long time. It was this beautiful song that I always heard at my Great Grandmother's house on her Casio keyboard.... Finally after a LOT of research, I found mine. Hope it is yours too:

Ballade Pour Adeline

idk how posting works on here but wanted to say that I, too, was hunting for a demo song from my 90’s keyboard (don’t remember the brand or anything), and Stephanie Bull,—it’s this one!!! Ballad Pour Adeline!! I could cry ❤️ Thank you!! 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone!

I found this thread when I google searched for my casio’s demo song. My song isn’t Ballad pour Adeline, but I downloaded SoundHound and it led me straight to my song. 

my song is No. 2 in E-flat Major, Nocturne Opus 9 by Chopin. 

have a listen, it’s stunning! 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...