SAMPLES with Loops and ADSR System

Silvano Silva

Hello friends. I thought here of a way to do piano tones samples etc using ADSR tools without success.
What I pictured here is for example a long piano wave but with LOOP points before the end of the sample and in the tones editor by ADSR to decay the sound without sounding the infinite LOOP.
Anyone with any ideas here?
note that it is not only for PIANOS, but also for guitars, bass ...

ASDR-01.jpg

Sorry Brad for the English.
An example.
I created a Loop in the string samples and saved it as ZTN.
I wanted in the tones editor a feature in the ADSR that would cause the decay of the loop to silence.
If possible Sample Files like Piano could create smaller samples because it would give the illusion of natural drop of the sample.

On 10/12/2017 at 5:07 PM, BradMZ said:

Why do you want a separate envelope for each sample?

I would guess because the natural decay time for say C0 is much longer than C6. My question for the OP would be what's wrong with the factory pianos? ;-)

I think they're pretty good for this class keyboard, can't compare with my Kronos 2  SGX-2: piano synthesis engine with 12 level velocity switching, but the X500 does OK with 4.  (Edit: I originally said 5)

• Like 1

Yes, I believe there are only four and very likely the same four used in the PX-5S, PX-560 and some other models. One of the differences, unless I am way off base (and I could be because there isn't a lot of information out there) is that on the MZ-X models (and I think the CGP-700) the layers aren't blended or interpolated, which is part of Casio's A.i.R technology featured on PX-5S, PX-560 and some other models. 

But my question wasn't rhetorical because there is conceivably something out there that says five levels. 

On 13/10/2017 at 2:08 PM, Rick Sterling said:

I would guess because the natural decay time for say C0 is much longer than C6. My question for the OP would be what's wrong with the factory pianos? ;-)

I think they're pretty good for this class keyboard, can't compare with my Kronos 2  SGX-2: piano synthesis engine with 12 level velocity switching, but the X500 does OK with 4.  (Edit: I originally said 5)

Yes Rick. Working with envelope by separate sample could change the decay times. I found a solution that I intend to apply for example more serious samples with loop and smaller ones without loop. The only question is that the envelope would pick up all the samples.

But the idea would not be for pianos but for guitars and bass.

1 hour ago, Silvano Silva said:

Yes Rick. Working with envelope by separate sample could change the decay times. I found a solution that I intend to apply for example more serious samples with loop and smaller ones without loop. The only question is that the envelope would pick up all the samples.

But the idea would not be for pianos but for guitars and bass.

The MZ-X500 can indeed have different decay times depending on where you play.  Create a hex layer tone and use the amp decay time key follow to adjust decay time to taste.