Casiokid

MZ-X500 as an ORGAN

20171014_120653.thumb.jpg.08ae106ea470c9879c2c51f11cb1bae2.jpgMZ-X500 Organ (see photo' attached) comprising of:

M-Audio 61 midi controller keyboard, 

Nord 27 Key Bass Pedals

Miditech Merge 4 (to maintain the integrity of the midi 'out' signals as they merge into the Midi 'in' on the back of the  MZ-X500

Tones from Upper 1 & 2 and Lower 3 & 4 now selectable from the midi channel selected on the M-Audio.  - See Midi Implementation chart in the MZ's manuals (ie CH1 Upper 1, CH2 Upper 2 etc...)

The Nord bass pedals are dedicated to channel 3 only, although Roland bass pedals have channel selection which would offer even more scope and versatility !

So I'm now enjoying playing my MZ=X500 as a two manual organ with bass pedals opening up for me a whole new music experience,- with the MZ giving me complete control of what's selected on the controller keyboard and bass pedals in a 'master- slave' set up,  -Great !

image.png

13 minutes ago, Casiokid said:

MZ-X500 Organ (see photo' attached) comprising of:

M-Audio 61 midi controller keyboard, 

Nord 27 Key Bass Pedals

Miditech Merge 4 (to maintain the integrity of the midi 'out' signals as they merge into the Midi 'in' on the back of the  MZ-X500

Tones from Upper 1 & 2 and Lower 3 & 4 now selectable from the midi channel selected on the M-Audio.  - See Midi Implementation chart in the MZ's manuals (ie CH1 Upper 1, CH2 Upper 2 etc...)

The Nord bass pedals are dedicated to channel 3 only, although Roland bass pedals have channel selection which would offer even more scope and versatility !

So I'm now enjoying playing my MZ=X500 as a two manual organ with bass pedals opening up for me a whole new music experience,- with the MZ giving me complete control of what's selected on the controller keyboard and bass pedals in a 'master- slave' set up,  -Great !

MZ-X500 as Organ 2.mht

What's an MHT file? ;-)

To have an even more real experience I suggest creating a ztn sample of organ for the right hand and for the pedals (like B3 samples)
Because MZ-X can only use the features of DRAWBAR to Upper.
It's a crazy idea, but I think it's cool.
Here in the wind instruments I mix samples with the factory tones and it is very good