Video Files on Forum ×

Need help with my Casio Privia

Hello,

We bought our Casio Privia PX-150 about 3 years ago.  The power and lights are coming on but there is no sound coming from 

any of the keys. I watched some you tube videos on how to reset or repair this problem.  The only ones I could find were people

having issues with only a few keys not working.   All of our keys are not putting out any sound.  Is there a factory reset procedure

or something we can do to try to fix this problem?  Could our keyboard be on mute or is there a reset button?  

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! 

If you use headphones with an 1/8 inch (3.5mm) to 1/4 inch stereo adapter, make sure the adapter has not been left in one of the PHONES jacks.  An adapter left in either one of the PHONES jacks will cut off the speakers.  If that is not the problem, plug in a set of headhones and check for sound from them.  If you get sound through the headphones, but not through the speakers, insert the headphones into each of the PHONES jacks several times, in case the speakers/phones switch in either of the jacks is stuck.   If this does not resolve the problem, see Page E-24 of the manual to ensure that the Back-up feature is turned off, then power the PX-150 OFF/ON.  When the PX-150 is powered ON with the Back-up feature off, all settings are reset to their initial factory values.  If this does not resolve the problem, the PX-150 will most likely need to go to a service center for repair.  There is no "MUTE" feature on the PX-150, other than just turning the main volume knob all the way down - BTW - have you checked that?  Sorry, I should have asked THAT first.

• Like 1