Video Files on Forum ×

I have to at least share my ideas immediately when they strike.

I presently feel the MZ-X500 would benefit extremely in value, added upon its already established professional rank, if there were a plugin instrument of the same name that only works with the MZ-X500 keyboard.

Added features via MZ-X500 software plugin could focus on:

Effects and Mixing Console :

- More effects, IR loading. With more mixing parameters and templates to further mix in more depth with the mixer.

- Possibly use Mic and speakers for room calibration setup via MZ-X500 plugin software.

MIDI :

- Set up a midi controller to control the MZ-X500 plugin software!

"You can control your MZ-X500 with your favorite midi controller thru the plugin software. This would enable live parameter control of adsr settings and more.

Remote Operation :

Use the MZ-X500 plugin software to have full remote operation of touchscreen.

Audio Recording :

- Ability to loop record to onboard MZ-X500 audio recorder via MZ-X500 plug in software(if not added to hardware os upgrade)

Pad Sampling  :

- Ability to easily set and change volume levels of samples in pads.

- Other pad variables(like linking each midi track to a pad to easily disable/enable tracks during recording.

-Ability to record enabled pads/tracks(of midi channels[see above]) at the same time and each midi track  will have the same recording individually. Enable/Disable midi tracks(via pads) during recording for easy composition of full orchestra,

film scoring , and other production techniques.

Would work beautifully with Hex Layers.

-And other sampling request/improvements/audio editing or mangling

Synthesizer:

- Are you feeling this yet? 

- Just imagine

Plug in your MZ-X500 and open it as a plugin in your DAW.

Not sure I follow- you want an AI boost from your computer? 

Not aware of any keyboard that does this.  Usually its the keyboard that is lending its sounds to a pc or mac .  Can you give an example of a keyboard/computer hybrid like this?

A bit less ambitious, I'd love to see an ipad editor of hex tones so that you can see and edit all 6 layers at once (for most important parameters) on 1 screen.  

And/or an update to the x500 OS so that on 1 screen you can see and edit the mapping functions of all 6 layers of  the hex tones: volume, key range, sample name and velocity range; and envelope if there is room.

There have been many music gear devices and keyboards that are made to operate as a software plugin when connected to a computer. I can not remember all of them but one was the Korg M3. Its not a new thing but it would be valuable for products like the Casio MZ-X500.

I am all for continuance of OS updates and would hope a software plugin format could aid where any OS update, or Sample Manager implementation cannot.

There was also a hardware effects processor that operated this way as a software plugin when connected to a computer. I'm not asking to go to the moon here, just for something that would be helpful to how the MZX operates and supportive to its purpose.