Video Files on Forum ×

Song Sequencer

AlenK

Has anyone here used the PX-5S's Song Sequencer? I ask because I'm trying to understand its capabilities. I don't have a PX-5S so I'm relying on the manual(s), which are often not as clear as we would like them to be. Am I correct in assuming that for each of the eight possible tracks of the Song Sequencer a list of phrases is built, specifying for each the number of repeats and a transposition value? And furthermore that all eight tracks run in parallel when you play back the song? That's how I interpret what is written in PX5S-ES-1C User's Guide (Basics) on pages E-21 and E-22. 

Another question: Does playback of a song send out any data on MIDI such as note data or, say, a program change command and bank select MSB at the start of the phrase? Based on what I see in the chart on page E-30 of the PX5S-E-2C User's Guide (Tutorial) it's tempting to think so, given that when you select a Stage Setup the PX-5S apparently can send that information out on MIDI for each of the four zones.  

Yes. It's basically an 8 track phrase chaining tool.  Usable phrases either come from factory presets or stored user phrases created with the onboard phrase sequncer or converted from mid files using the computer data editor.  Each track can be assigned to any of 16 midi channels. 

I haven't tried the MIDI out so I can't answer that right now.

• 1 month later...