editing midi files

weatherfrog

Hello to all!

I use some nice midi files over usb-stick on my 560m. Often standard GM-sounds are used. I know, that i can change instruments in the MIXER of PX 560m.

Now my question: Is it possible to save the edited and changed instruments (of the midi-track) - so that the "new generated" midi-file has the new settings with the instruments of px 560m in?

Thanks for help! :)

As far as I know, while you can play MIDI files on the 560 you can't actually edit them in any way. Even in real time the mixer settings don't seem to affect what is being played except for the "mute" and "solo" buttons on the Monitor pages, which in my tests functioned as expected. 

Didn't work for me (except for the MUTE and SOLO buttons oddly). I did quickly try it before I answered. If you're certain this works I must have done something wrong. (Clearly, some functionality on the 560 does not work the same as on an MZX;  we previously discussed differences in how it handles style files.) 

I will have to try again tonight. Hopefully the OP will report success. 

I will follow your process. It would be a real nice feature if this works correctly!!

PS. Naturally, the manual says nothing about this capability. And I am including the addendum with the v1.10 update, which introduced the header overwrite function. It says to find the "MIDI data file that contains the header information you want to rewrite."  Since it earlier said "When you start playing, various mixer settings are recorded to the MIDI data header as header information" it's not clear (to me) that the function will work with an imported MIDI file. Would be great if it does!

Bummer. I can change the instruments live (don't know what I did wrong the first time) but I have not been able to update them permanently in the file. I get the message that the header has been updated but when I go to a different MIDI file and then reload the one I supposedly changed it has not actually changed.

If I select the file and record "new" I can add an instrument on a given track. If I then change that instrument in the mixer and do the header update, the instrument I added does change. So it's just the instruments with existing track data that I cannot change. 

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...