SD CARD - Utility

felipefelix

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to load patches (ZTN/ others) directly from the SD Card or I always need to install the patches in some user data?

If the above question is no, Any possibilites to have more presets ready in XWP1 than the number of user blank spaces? 

thanks

I'm a little confused by the questions. There are two ways to get tones into your XW-P1. You can load them from your computer into a MUSICDAT directory on a FAT32 formatted SD card (most SD cards are formatted that way already - you shouldn't need to reformat them) and then inset that card into your XW-P1. Go into the tone mode that matches the tone you want to load (e.g., to load a ZTN tone make sure you are playing a PCM melody tone). Now follow the instructions on pages E-75 to E-77 of the User's Guide. Note that you can only save to a user memory location; you cannot overwrite a factory preset. (I think that was one of the things you were asking about.)

The second way to get tones into your XW-P1 is to use Casio's XW-P1 Data Editor program from a PC or a Mac. You can download the program and a User's Guide for it from Casio's web site. Again, you can only download tones from the program into user memory locations.

Regarding your second question, you can use the Package Mode of the Data Editor to transfer almost any mix of files from and to your XW-P1. You could, for instance, save all your user tones for one or multiple types of tones that are in your XW-P1 at any given time into a package. Then you could put together another package with a different set of user tones. With both packages saved on your computer you could then use the program to switch between sets by downloading one of the package files. It's not an instantaneous process so probably not suitable for stage use unless you have a suitably long break between sets. I don't have much experience with Package Mode - tried it only once - so I don't have any specific tips or advice about using it. 

P. S.  Technically, there is a third way to get a certain type of tone into your XW-P1. You can use a specific MIDI Designer iPad app designed by Mike Martin (see the forum here on using the iPad with the XW-P1) to transfer solo-synth tones (ONLY) that you create using the app into your XW-P1. But you can't go the other way (transferring tones from the XW-P1 to the app). 

• Thanks 1