Video Files on Forum ×

URGENT!!! The piano tone tn my CtK 7300IN Sounds wierd.

sjrocks

Bough a CTK7300IN last year in may. It was my best purchase decision. I started using it for some usual live performances. It was working fine, there wasnt't any complain until this september. I was using it at my teacher's day performance at school. Suddenly the mic started giving wierd sounds so i switched the mic off. Moments later same sounds started coming from my keyboard's speaker. After that i switched it off and then back on. After the performance was over checked it the piano tone was like some what changed. Now, the piano sound of CTK3200 sound better to me than the CTK7300IN. What should i do. Tommorow I have a competition and playing the song on piano tone. Can someone help me out with it? Or send me a better piano tone. Need it fast. Please help.

sjrocks Private Message to tnicoson on Thursday at 01:49 AM:

" Pls read my last post and help me out. "

tnicoson's public response to sjrocks on Saturday 11/04/2017 at 10:27 AM CDT:

Have been away for several days for a cardiac procedure that did not go as well as expected.  Will need to be here for a few more days yet, so had my Sis bring my laptop to me.  Sorry if you missed any performances.

I recommend backing up any User Data you may have on the CTK-7300IN and performing an Initialize ALL as described in the right hand column on Page 135 of the manual.  If that does not resolve the problem, then whatever caused the strange noise most likely damaged the sound engine and/or the audio processing circuits, and the CTK-7300IN will need to be taken/sent to a service center for repair.  I do not have any replacement piano tones to send, but User Tones are just a set of parameters.  They do not include the wave samples, as those are permanent within the keyboard.

I have made the Private Message and this response public in order to keep the complete thread intact.