auto sustain?

kingMeth

I am not certain what you mean by Auto-sustain, and the CTK-3400SK manual makes no reference to it.  The only way the keyboard has of knowing when tones are to be sustained is for the player to hold down and release the keys or by pressing and releasing the pedal.  I wonder if you are confusing SUSTAIN with REVERB.  To turn REVERB on, press the FUNCTION button repeatedly until "Reverb" appears in the display, then press the Plus/Minus buttons repeatedly to set the amount of reverb between 1 and 10, but reverb can not be considered sustain, as once it is turned on, it stays on until manually turned off, and this can not be done fast enough to be in accordance with a score.

On 11/4/2017 at 11:50 PM, tnicoson said:

I am not certain what you mean by Auto-sustain, and the CTK-3400SK manual makes no reference to it.  The only way the keyboard has of knowing when tones are to be sustained is for the player to hold down and release the keys or by pressing and releasing the pedal.  I wonder if you are confusing SUSTAIN with REVERB.  To turn REVERB on, press the FUNCTION button repeatedly until "Reverb" appears in the display, then press the Plus/Minus buttons repeatedly to set the amount of reverb between 1 and 10, but reverb can not be considered sustain, as once it is turned on, it stays on until manually turned off, and this can not be done fast enough to be in accordance with a score.

thanks for the info. i dont really know much about the settings. when do you use reverb?

You use reverb in increasing amounts to simulate the "echo" when playing in:

a small room

a large room

a concert hall

an auditorium

a band shell

Adding a small amount of chorus effect and a bit of delay effect (if available) to full reverb simulates music heard across a body of water, such as a lake.

48 minutes ago, tnicoson said:

Adding a small amount of chorus effect and a bit of delay effect (if available) to full reverb simulates music heard across a body of water, such as a lake.

So if you ever need to play "Bridge over Troubled Waters" you now know what settings to apply!  :P

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys, I know I’m late here but I found it.

to turn on Auto Sustain on the CTK 3200 as well as various other models, simply hold down the ‘function key’ at the same time as the Power key to turn it on. 

You will see the ‘Sust’ display on the screen in small writing and it will stay visible too.

link to the video I found it on:

• Love 1