Px5s and virtual piano for ipad

ferrmar

Hi!

i tried to use some virtual piano app connecting my Px5s and an IPad4. I bought RAvenscroft 275 which has some beutiful piano tones, in my opinion. Unfortunately, there is a significant latency in the sound and in some cases the keyboard stops playing. I guess my hardware set is too poor to get godd results, but I would like to know the opinion of some users more skilled and experienced. Is it a hardware problem or should I change some settings in my px5s.? I only switched the sound generator to off in the midi setup ot the keyboard? Should i Change something more? Thanks! Mario

You're definitely right. i'm using the iRig Midi 2 by Ik Multimedia. According to some post I read in a couple of music forums, it works smoothly on most keyboards.

What is your opinion, Brad?

Some users say that the problem could be the ipad. According to them, one needs at least IPAD5 o even better the Ipad Air to let the vst work.

My question her is mainly to understand if I could change siome poarameters in the PX5s midi menu to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Mario

In any case the PX5S is midi complaint and should play the sound of the app just so. 

For all the app I've purchased there isn't a single one that couldn't be played with the PX5S . 

Any other option is in the Midi option menu turning local of is good , you can also check if 

midi out select is on the preferred output as well as the midi channels,

And turning on or off high res out is an option to consider. 

If all works well you can save it as a stage setting on a free slot.