heyjude

Hi, does anyone know how I could get a sound going for the "Life's Been Good" Joe Walsh synth? It's the part at 2:50. Its an Arp Odyssey and the tricky part is that every key on the keyboard is set to play an A but the resonance filter tracks the keys. The melody is basically played on different resonant frequencies of the A. Does anyone have any idea how to do that on their PX-5s?

Thanks alot!

-Jude

I've tried it with Seq organ P:19 and phaser DSP with a bit of editing towards that ping pong effect.

And used arpeggio pattern 04 skip up or 05 skip down, Could not figure out that one might be better

to do a new pattern.

Could have layered the organ with another seq tone and course tune them to get that specific sound.

Phaser works well to do a layer with and flanger on the other or also a phaser to have them do that

snappy sound  

I would like to try this one if I can find some time to do it.  I'm surprised this song hasn't come up already.  You are the first I've seen ask about it.  If I did it, I would definitely start with a blank hex layer and choose a wave I like, use the key follow functions and effects and stay at it until I got what I wanted.