Ignore Start/stop MIDI command?

lordluca

Another question :)

Is there a way to set p1's internal sequencer to ignore MIDI START command?

I have modstep sequencer on ipad set as a master, and when i press start, it sends midi start command and drums on P1 start to play. I don't want that.

i have roland tr-8 and it has option to ignore start/ stop commands, only midi clock is received.

So basically i want p1 to sync with master clock WITHOUT starting it's drum pattern.

will be glad if someone knows how to deal with it ;)

When the XW-P1 is in slave mode it cannot ignore the Start and Stop system messages. The only thing I can think of as a workaround is to use a step sequencer pattern that does nothing (empty so you hear nothing when it starts) or a pattern whose first step in one of the control tracks is to stop itself (by addressing a knob programmed to send the Step Sequencer Start/Stop NRPN command MSB with a value of zero). If you still need the XW-P1's step sequencer at some point in what you are doing you can switch to an active pattern after your iPad sequencer has started and start the pattern manually.