Video Files on Forum ×

New PX560 arrived with firmware v1.12, Should I update immediately to v1.14?

infobits

Hello, I just received my new Casio PX-560M BE keyboard and it came with firmware v1.12 installed.

I know that there have been discussions early on with the expression/volume pedal input had complaints about it not controlling the sound volume smoothly in firmware v1.10 and the latest firmware v1.14 fixes that issue.  However I am wondering what the description for the v1.12 firmware is for the PX-560.  I read that some folks reported or feel that the new v1.14 firmware fixes the pedal response issue but it also changed some functions behavours or created other bugs.  So I am wondering should I stay on v1.12 or go ahead and install the newer v1.14.  The keyboard is working and sounds great so far.  I have not tried connecting it via USB MIDI to my DAW software yet, so can't comment on if there are issues with the MIDI communications at this time.  But still just wondering if v1.12 firmware is good to stay on for now.  Anyone gone through this same decision and regret updating to v1.14?  I read that you can't go back to earlier firmware version(s) after updating it to v1.14.  Is that true?  and if one chooses to want to go back to an earlier firmware version... are those firmware download files available somewhere to retrieve?  Thanks for any suggestions.

• 1 month later...

I recently updated my px560 firmware to 1.14 in order to fix my the pedal issue. the update made no difference to its operation.

My pedal is the Korg exp2. I have calibrated it according to the casio mans video instructions on youtube. 

When using this pedal the change is sudden when pressing down a little and there is no smooth control over the range. I Have tried other ways of calibrating all to no avail.

Does anyone else with the latest firmware have this problem or could it be that the korg exp2 is not compatIble.

Since updating the  firmware I have had the system crash on a few occasions (only recoverable by pulling the plug as the on off button wont respond when it in this state).

Overall I find this keyboard very pleasing and sounds excellent. (even using its own speakers).

It is true that the PX-560 doesn't support half-pedaling except through the SP-33 triple pedal unit. This is normally attached to the CP-67BK stand. However, it is possible to use it with other stands: see this thread.

That said, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the OP's original question or even with Tombo's reply. Tombo is having problems with an EXPRESSION pedal, not a sustain pedal. His pedal is probably NOT COMPATIBLE. I don't have any experience with that pedal or I would have commented earlier. But by his description of its operation it certainly sounds like it isn't compatible. The software update wouldn't have magically made it compatible. He should choose another pedal; the thread I linked to above and which Tombo resurrected to ask a question that he should have started a new thread to ask, mentions several that work fine.

• 4 weeks later...

I received my brand-new PX-560M a week and half ago from Sweetwater and it came with firmware 1.15 installed. When I check Casio USA Support site for downloads all it is listed is version 1.14 as the latest update, to my surprise.

Any idea what is going on? If firmware 1.15 is genuine, then I would like to understand what has changed from 1.14. I can't find any information on the web.  

10 hours ago, Natalie M. said:

I received my brand-new PX-560M a week and half ago from Sweetwater and it came with firmware 1.15 installed. When I check Casio USA Support site for downloads all it is listed is version 1.14 as the latest update, to my surprise.

Any idea what is going on? If firmware 1.15 is genuine, then I would like to understand what has changed from 1.14. I can't find any information on the web.  

I'm not sure what's going on there.  I'll try to find out something. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...