Video Files on Forum ×

Expression over MIDI

Tom Williams

With the blessing of my Beloved Spouse, I bought a PX-5S just before the 1027 discount period ended.  Just scratched the surface, and I'm still loving this board.  Good golly, even the sostenuto pedal works perfectly.  I feel like I could reach in and play Emerson's "Take a Pebble."

Issue o' the day, then:  I've been looking for a MIDI controller to act as a volume or expression pedal on the PX-5S.  I once had a Behringer FCB1010, and loved it, but it takes up a lot of floor space, and I don't really need all the buttons -- just the CC pedal(s). 

Has anyone reading this tried the Source Audio sa163?  It looks like the volume pedal equivalent of a "universal solvent."

productview-reflex-full.png

I came across that digging around on the web, and although a bit pricey, it looks like it may be able to do the job.  But since I'd never heard / read about it before, I figured I'd ask around.  Besides, I still need to reload the piggy bank before I buy one anyway.