• Announcements

• Scott Hamlin

Make Sure You are Using Firmware Version 1.13   02/22/2016

Important Reminder: Make sure your PX-5S is updated to firmware version 1.13. Click the post title above to be taken to a video that will show you how to check your firmware version, where to get the firmware, and how to install the update if needed. 

With the blessing of my Beloved Spouse, I bought a PX-5S just before the 1027 discount period ended.  Just scratched the surface, and I'm still loving this board.  Good golly, even the sostenuto pedal works perfectly.  I feel like I could reach in and play Emerson's "Take a Pebble."

Issue o' the day, then:  I've been looking for a MIDI controller to act as a volume or expression pedal on the PX-5S.  I once had a Behringer FCB1010, and loved it, but it takes up a lot of floor space, and I don't really need all the buttons -- just the CC pedal(s). 

Has anyone reading this tried the Source Audio sa163?  It looks like the volume pedal equivalent of a "universal solvent."

productview-reflex-full.png

I came across that digging around on the web, and although a bit pricey, it looks like it may be able to do the job.  But since I'd never heard / read about it before, I figured I'd ask around.  Besides, I still need to reload the piggy bank before I buy one anyway.

Great question! I'm also interested in hearing anyone's experience with this pedal. I just came across it this week as I was researching for ways to do midi expression with the least amount of complexity.