Do die-hard fans of CASIO pass the addiction to next generations? :)

PSS-270

Hi.

As a fan of Casio, I decided lately to buy for my little niece a... Casio of course :) as she indicated some interest in synths, so I ordered for her the CASIO LK-127, hehe... Let the child learn. :)

My first keyboard was Casio too; I was 15 or something 'though, but I was lucky to start with Casio SK-5 sampler - so I try to make some similar experiences for her now.

Hence my quetsion - do you guys do the same? ;) Do die-hard fans of CASIO pass the addiction to next generations? :)

Regards.

Not to my offspring directly, but having used several Casios in my music classes with literally hundreds of students over many years, I think some of them might have noticed. Especially cool and a big hit were the early samplers, the original full size SK was a particular favorite as the kids loved to sample their voices-was a good introduction to keyboards, and the technology. I used the Casios in all grade levels, from primary to middle school kids. Retired now I have time to sample my own voice, unfortunately my hearing is still way too good!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Interesting topic! 😊

On 17th August I bought one of my grandsons, Kieron, a WK - 7600, for his birthday, when he developed a genuine desire to learn to play, after spending much time with me, and "the guys" in the studios.

Although he expressed his enthusiasm for learning to play "the piano", I made the decision to buy him a keyboard with a "huge" variety of sounds, as well as a feature-list, all of which I hoped would maintain his interest in playing, IF I was wrong about, what I felt SURE, was a real desire to learn to play!

As it's turned out, over the past 5 months, there is NO doubt about the love he's developed for playing! Neither ( thank goodness! 😊 ) is there ANY doubt that I made the right decision regarding the WK - 7600 rather than a " definitive piano "! 

Kieron is already writing his own music, with a depth of creativity that I don't believe would have been replicated if he were simply ( simply?!!? ) learning to play piano!

Why have I responded to this thread? -

- Simply because the one decision that I had NO doubts about, was that, whatever the keyboard we eventually bought Kieron, it would be a CASIO!!

THAT, as I say, was NEVER in doubt!! 😊

Take care all - and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Chris

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Great thread.

My brothers two sons each have two young children and I was really keen to pass onto each family a keyboard. The idea being that if there's one in the home, eventually it might get some use and you never know where it could lead to.

One son received a used Yamaha DGX660 before before Christmas which has a weighted 88 note keyboard along with some super educational tools built in . The other son is going to receive  my Casio PX5-S along with speakers and amplification as soon as Casio launch a replacement for the PX5-S (hopefully at NAMM 2018) in a couple of weeks time.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys,

_most_ interesting stuff to read.

Yes, maybe sayin' "offspring" I was too specific. :)

Indeed spreading addiction to anybody is reasonable too. :) 

I agree that the piano alone is not enough (unless it's PX-5S or something, haha).

I remember myself being young - I didn't want to be dependent on anybody, making music, so the synth/keyboard was a natural choice (the SK-5 had a sequencer on-board. Hmm, sad to say they were better back then, the toy versions of keyboards. Ah well, but it's not relevant here anyway).

So anyway such thing as WK 7600 - or the others - is a very good gift. :D

Kind regards.

I don't know actually, my dad was a die hard fan of Solton and Roland in the 90s and early 00s, yet my first ever keyboard they got me was a Casio CTK-100 and i never actually had more models from a brand than a Casio. 

And the way Casio is heading now in terms of soundquality (And i like their Operating System) Makes me think that i will get another Casio after the Tyros, and that i will pass on my love for Casio to the next generation, if their will ever be one :D

• Like 1

Like BradgeMusicTube -I've had Tyros Yamaha and Korg, but keep returning to Casio 'boards -which  I've had several.  They may not be perfect, but their operating systems seem more logical to me  than other manufacturers. Their Tones and Rhythms are cute and grow on you, and they are lighter in weight than most 'boards -which is important to me for gigging

Exactly, i hate like 90% on the styles on the Casio keyboards, they sound like they could've been programmed by anyone, unlike the Tyros rythms which incredibly powerful and lively.

BUT! There is something about the Casio keyboards which makes them more fun to play, and much better to understand.

I never had more fun creating style on any keyboard than on the CTK-731!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...