Can anyone help me approximate this sound?

Still learning

On the NewJazz videos on YouTube he plays a virtual piano that several folks have commented on the sound of his piano. He replies:

"I use this software sound from Native Instruments: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/the-grandeur/ Then I add some high frequency room reverb, just a little, but with long sustain. In the software interface you can also put on a lot of effects like damper, hammer and sustain resonance sound - that also sounds really cool, I think. But the effects requires a lot of power from the computer..."

Could anyone on the forum create an approximation of this sound on the 560M and post it to the forum? You can hear that piano in this YouTube link.

"Teach a man to fish...." You can do this and have a lot more power to control your performances.

Before you start this pick a BANK NUMBER and 1-4 button you can use to save this results.

You want a "bright (with a lot of tremble/high frequencies) piano". I think the Piano #4 "GrPno Modern" fits that bill.

Use the TONE button and open the Piano's page and select 04 GrPno.

Then you want to add a  huge reverb effect.

Use the MENU button to see the EFFECT option.

In the EFFECT page hit "Enter" on the top line. Then on the next page change the REVERB TYPE from what it's currently set to

to "Stadium 2" on the second page of choices. You can play the keys and decide which large reverb effect works for your taste.

Then save these choices to the BANK #/1-4 Button you have available to recall these settings when ever you wish.

NOTE: You can also edit any of the pubilt in pianos and modify the reverb to a custom settings and save the result to a USER Piano

setting slot (29 and above).

Good luck... I'm sure you'll need to use the manual for complete understanding of some of the steps or watch the YouTube Tutorials but you'll end up

knowing how to do a lot of useful things along the way.

Sometimes I'll take a question asked as a prompt to hit the manual and learn something new with the Px-560 like how to use the optional expression pedal to

create Leslie Speaker effects controller with your foot. That was a fun one. Or making standard Midi files sound right when the drums are mapped to a bass instrument.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of activity on this forum so some questions (like yours) just hang in the air for a few days. Sad because there's an immense mount of power in this

instrument. But learning to master it all takes a lot of effort... I'm sure that's true of any truly complex stage piano with an arranger, sequencer and audio recorder built-in.

• Thanks 1