Metronome with Sequencer? Ctk 6250

Newb

Hi, I am new to casios. I got it because it was light, had speakers and can be battery powered. 

I lke sequencers and thought I could use it to rough out tunes but the sequencer shuts off when I try to record a track. Is there any way to keep the metronome on? I mean, it makes sense to be exactly in time even for editing purposes and adding tracks. 

I am not certain that I understand what you are asking about.  You seem to be asking about the sequencer and the "recorder" as though they are two different things, but the SEQUENCER IS THE RECORDER.  If you want the metronome to sound during normal (non-recorded) live play, you should not need a recorded sequence for that.  Just press the METRONOME button, as described on Page E-19 of the manual, to turn the metronome on, and play along with it for as long as you wish.  Press the METRONOME button a second time to turn it off.  If you want the metronome on while you are recording, see Step 3 in the right hand column of Page E-64 of the manual to turn it on during the recording process.  In this mode, you will hear the metronome sound during the recording process, but its sound will not be recorded.  That is, the motronome will not be heard in the playback.

tnicoson, Than you for the reply.  I do understand that the sequencer is the recorder, I was wondering why the metronome stopped when I started to play in the recording mode. I will  try Step 3 in the right hand column of Page E-64 of the manual to turn it on during the recording process tonight! it seems that should do it. All the tutorials I have seen on youtube  do not use the metronome while recording. Being that I do not have perfect timing the metronome is an absolute must for me to use the Sequencing/recording feature. Hopefully I can figure out how to get a 4 or 8 count lead in so that my tracks all start at the same time. I have been used to Korg keyboards and the metronome and 8 count are always on unless to mute them. Once again thank you for the information.