Video Files on Forum ×

Run A Diagnostic on Casio LK 280?

Arthur

Dear Forum,

So I just purchased a used Casio LK 280.

I wanted to make sure that the keys were all working and operational and lighting up and other basic functionality to ensure I had bought a working product.

Is there a way of running a diagnostic ?

I just went over all the keys and the lights on it are working. 

Thanks Casio and all the lovely people of this forum.

Sincerely,

A

If a particular keyboard model does have a set of diagnostic tests, they will be explained in that model's Service Manual (not the User Manual or User Guide), but truly meaningful diagnostics are usually only included on the higher priced professional grade models.  You have to be careful about purchasing Service Manuals.  Even for the lower priced models, Service Manuals can be relatively expensive, only for you to discover that your particular model does not have a good set (or possibly even any) diagnostics.  I think you have probably already done what most of us do to test a new board.  I did do Bing and Google searches to see if there were any "trick" key or button combinations for the LK-280 that would trigger a diagnostic test, but did not come up with anything.  Even if there were such a combination, and you knew it, you normally would still need the Service Manual in order to decode the diagnostics output.

Just relax, and play it and enjoy it.  If there is anything wrong with it, you will know soon enough.