MZ X500 firmware updates

Timzcasio

After settling for a XW-P1 instead of the mzx500 due to payment plans, the same online seller made 18 month no credit check plan available to me SO I just recieved my MZ-X500 this week for $60 a month..I checked and see it had version 1.31 installed..I want to install v.1.5, I don't have computer, so plan on using internet cafe down the street...I want to have an exact plan on doing the update..so far I get the idea, get a USB drive and format it to FAT32, 1st question

Do I update to 1.4 then to 1.5 or jump right to 1.5...at what point do I uncompress the .zip file, when do I load it to usb drive..any help would be appreciated thanks Tim A

Thanks Rick I did see that in each of the manual updates. My confusion is at the actual Casio support page it say

"Click the download button"

Then "TO INSTALL the update software on your instrument"

"Please uncompress the downloaded zip file and refer to users guide"

So when and where do I do the "uncompress"

I always use free public wifi to download firmware updates because my internet at home is so slow.  While I'm shopping or eating somewhere that has free wifi,  I have my phone download the file.  When I get home, I connect my thumb drive to my phone with a USB OTG cable and copy the file over.  Now I'm set to plug it into the keyboard and go.  

1 minute ago, Timzcasio said:

Thanks Rick I did see that in each of the manual updates. My confusion is at the actual Casio support page it say

"Click the download button"

Then "TO INSTALL the update software on your instrument"

"Please uncompress the downloaded zip file and refer to users guide"

So when and where do I do the "uncompress"

Unzipping occurs after downloading and before copying the file to your thumb drive.  You're thumb drive needs to have a file called "update.bin"

Oh I neglected to thank bradMZ for his help also..I downloaded the 1.5 update at an internet cafe.. thankfully they had a WinZip program also. It took me a while to locate the update.bin file but then I was set..I also had a frozen yogurt and my total bill was abt $4 merry Christmas to me and to all you Casio fans..🎅