Video Files on Forum ×

2 ( and a bit ) Hours to go!!.......

Songwriter2015

....... Well ..... Here in the U.K., anyway! :)

So here's to a final MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all!

And here's to 2018's " MZ- X1800" - with a 77/88 note keyboard with touch-sensitivity and aftertouch! 2TB H/D! 2018 in-built sounds! 2018 "user" slots! Upgraded HEX- Layer features with ability to combine up to 2018 sounds! Full-on Sampler, with all the features "everyone" demands - wherever they come from! :) Fully-featured, 2018-track, DAW-killer of a Sequencer with VST compatibility! Three separate touch-screens ( one for GUI, one 18" for Sequencer use, and the other for watching old movies if you get bored! )! Built-in, height adjustable, folding stand, with wheels - for moving from table to table during restaurant gigs! 

Options including slide-out, Barista quality, coffee maker for long studio sessions, and adaptor enabling use of 12 volt car battery during power cuts!

And, of course, a choice of colours!

Well I think that, pretty much covers everything! ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR all you BRILLIANT PEOPLE!!

With genuine affection

Chris

• Like 1

In my alt-Universe the MZ-X600 has just come out!

- 76 notes, upgraded semi-weighted action with aftertouch on a par with Casios excellent weighted action

- 50 watts built-in speakers with a small sub built in

- The 9 organ sliders now are a matrix, with a push of a button they alternate between being used for 9 band eq, setting levels for the 4 tones and all the other levels on the board, envelope and things like cutoff and resonance, mic levels, line in levels, etc.  Basically what you already see on most boards that have multiple faders

- Software modified so all the mapping parameter settings of all 6 Hex Tones (Wave sample used, velocity range, key range, etc.) are on one page so you can know what fader is related to which sample and how it will sound (or not) depending on how hard you hit it or where on the keyboard you are playing

- DSP for each of the 4 Tones!

- IPad editor for the Hex Tones!  With one page dedicated to the mapping parameters!

- Lyrics importable, with a video out so everyone can sing along

- A system for using new samples in flash memory that’s as easy as Nords system for adding new pianos/eps/general samples.  Along with this a growing library of alternate samples that Casio and third parties are creating for their boards with this feature.  As well as an upgrade from 256 MB of memory for these purposes to 1 GB

- Bluetooth connectivity for streaming music from your smartphone to be heard  thru the boards speakers

- Comes with cable for using 12v car battery for power

- Commitment by Casio to put resources / software / sound upgrades into this board for 3 years! (At this point it feels like we’ve been abandoned)

- Company engagement to support User and third party engagement in development of Hex Tones, Tones, and samples, such as contests for best of, making these available on a company site, developing software that makes it very easy to import/export the many and various file formats, etc.

- Extensive online tutorials/videos from Casio, third parties and users.  Some form of support and encouragement for third parties and users to develop these mostly missing resources

- AND, this model offered at the same price as the model it replaces!  (This is an alt-Universe after all!)

Merry Christmas!

Randy

• Like 1

Hey RANDY!

Almost 5 months gone by since my, totally self-imposed, "exile"!

Although I've continued to read the Forum on an almost daily basis, I've genuinely missed the interaction, which I'd enjoyed from a few weeks before I even GOT my X500! 

I'm content in the knowledge that you and I will ALWAYS approach our ownership of the X500 from a totally different direction!!

The differences we may have, however, we SHOULD be able to respect, and to debate, on a civil, and "polite" level?

There are so, relatively, few of "us", who are likely to maintain the existence of this particular Forum, and retain its viability as a continuing source, and exchange, of information, ideas, and, hopefully, a little humour, once in a while!

Maybe I'm taking too much of a negative position, Randy, but, to me, anyway, it seems highly unlikely that we're going to see a flood of new members joining the Forum during 2018!!

It falls, therefore, on the existing "core" of contributors, to decide whether the Forum survives..........and whether that's even important to them!

You're probably going to think I'm being too histrionic, but, the way things seem to be, the loss of even ONE member such as: BRAD, RICK S, LOBBARD, LEONH, ALENK, etc, qqwand, may I suggest, yourself, would be an almost devastating blow to the likely future of the Forum!!

Like I've just intimated, ( and, yes, I KNOW the existence of Life, the Universe, and Everything, doesn't depend on the survival of the Casio X500/X300 Forum! ), this Group can continue to inform, educate, assist, correct, argue, debate, etc, - (if no one else, then each other), - for a long time to come -- IF that's what everyone WANTS !?!?!

SO - How's about you and I make a start?!? 

Do you reckon we can now, finally, close the book on "that", brief, but sadly "unpleasant", few days of posting back in the summer?? - 

- I may not always agree with your ideas, and your opinions, Randy, - anymore than you'll agree with MINE!! 😊 - but I'll ALWAYS be interested in reading about them!!

What do you say, my friend?

Maybe: " Happy New Year " .......... To all we X500 players? 😊

Take it easy 

Chris

Chris,, glad to see you back.  I didn’t have a problem with you except your constant commenting on my posts, as if i was criticizing the X500.  That was it.  Sorry if i came on a bit strongly in reaction to that, i had no wish for you to stop frequenting this forum, and you’ve made it clear that you weren’t trying to be a fanboy troll.  Cool!  

Yes, there are surprisingly few people on this forum, don’t understand that, this is a complex board and having forum support is pretty crucial for making headway with learning its many many features, many of which are not covered well if at all by the user manuals.  

Am curious where you are now in your progress with this board., there’s just so much you can do, and so many different approaches.  What are some of the ways you use it?  For myself, i’ve taken to re-mapping knob 2 to dramatically increase the reverb and delay so that i can start off relatively dry and then really crank up the effects towards the end of a song as desired.  I’ve also mapped the mod wheel to control the volume of rhythms, very cool!  As someone who plays a lot of left hand bass, I’ve also been exploring using the compressor on bass sounds- wowee!  It makes a HUGE difference, otherwise undefined bass sounds (when you turn them up), really pop now.  I’ve also finally started downloading the tones and samples that others have made- just wish there was more of them!   

Welcome back!

Randy

Hey Randy - Nice one, my friend! 😊

Can I say that, of all the many things you've ever written on this forum, nothing, imho, has been as significant, as your final paragraph, above, when you talk about the stuff you're currently discovering with the X500!!

Without this Group, a young musician, purchasing an X500 ( IF he can FIND one!! ) has NOWHERE to go to discover that his new keyboard is even CAPABLE of doing the kind of controller things you're talking about, let alone HOW to begin trying to emulate them!!

Hopefully, anyone, and everyone, who's purchased an X500 will discover this Forum.

And, hopefully, this Group will continue to be a place they can come to for REAL help, REAL information, and, yes, REAL help and sympathy for the problems they may encounter!

Here's to 2018, and the future that we know the X500 still has in front of it!

Take it easy Randy

Chris

On 12/29/2017 at 6:11 PM, Songwriter2015 said:

Hey Randy - Nice one, my friend! 😊

Can I say that, of all the many things you've ever written on this forum, nothing, imho, has been as significant, as your final paragraph, above, when you talk about the stuff you're currently discovering with the X500!!

Without this Group, a young musician, purchasing an X500 ( IF he can FIND one!! ) has NOWHERE to go to discover that his new keyboard is even CAPABLE of doing the kind of controller things you're talking about, let alone HOW to begin trying to emulate them!!

Hopefully, anyone, and everyone, who's purchased an X500 will discover this Forum.

And, hopefully, this Group will continue to be a place they can come to for REAL help, REAL information, and, yes, REAL help and sympathy for the problems they may encounter!

Here's to 2018, and the future that we know the X500 still has in front of it!

Take it easy Randy

Chris

Amen!