Corazon Corazon

sergio

• 7 months later...

Thanks!  I love the colors in those Mexican-themed cartoons...  I've been working on rehabilitating my guitar, now hanging next to my keyboard.  I had no idea how many varieties of strings are available now (I say since I left Cuba in 1960).  It's overwhelming, like everything else, but I think I have strings that resemble what I remember from days past.

I'm not interested in picking up the guitar again (my fingers could never take it), but in "bridging" the music context that I had when I played only the guitar and the music context that I've developed over the last 3 or 4 years when I got my Casio.  It's hard to explain and I may be off the reservation on this, but I think the brain works in very curious ways, and it's "good" for me to somehow visualize the "A" chord when I play it on the keyboard and when I used to play it on the guitar (and all its related keys).  Anyway, it's probably all BS but that's what I'm doing.  I hope it helps me to compose, which is what I enjoy doing.

Yeah, us oldsters have to deal with arthritis and whatnot. If I wanted to start playing again I'd have a little trouble especially with my right hand, it's starting to look like something from a mad scientist movie! Here's an idea: the pedal steel guitar. I have a groovy tune of one on my YouTube channel in the HOS playlist (not me playing it). I'm not sure whether anybody has ever played Cuban or Spanish style on one, hey, you could be an innovator! Go for it Sergio!😀

I see that most of the people here know a lot about equipment and music, and I feel so ignorant...  My PX-780 is great, though, and I know that there's a lot more that can be done with it.  I've already learned a lot, like modifying the rhythms, not only the tempo but individual sounds within the accompaniments.

I'd like to do some layering tracks... You can do it with the PX, so you can enrich the arrangement of the song.  That still sounds as "to do list" for the future.  The unit has a lot more features than I can comprehend...

And I empathize about the arthritis...  My shoulders hurt and lately my lower back.  Oh, how I hate to be old!  

😀

2 minutes ago, sergio said:

I see that most of the people here know a lot about equipment and music, and I feel so ignorant...  My PX-780 is great, though, and I know that there's a lot more that can be done with it.  I've already learned a lot, like modifying the rhythms, not only the tempo but individual sounds within the accompaniments.

I'd like to do some layering tracks... You can do it with the PX, so you can enrich the arrangement of the song.  That still sounds as "to do list" for the future.  The unit has a lot more features than I can comprehend...

And I empathize about the arthritis...  My shoulders hurt and lately my lower back.  Oh, how I hate to be old!  

😀

People never get tired of hearing us oldsters complaining do they? 

• Thanks 1