CDP-230R Accompaniment incorrectly interpreting chords

G0tchas

I find that sometimes the accompaniment interprets keys as the incorrect chords, e.g. G-B-Eflat plays as Gaug instead of Eflatdim.

I have tried changing the Chords betwee F1, F2, F3 but that doesn't help. I don't play using CC or FRC. Any idea how to 'fix' this, other than releaning the fingering?

Augmented chords have their 5th raised one half step, so a G Major chord (G-B-D) would have its 5th raised one half step to D# to make it a G aug (G-B-D#), but D# is Eb, so (G-B-Eb) is a G aug, and the keyboard is correctly interpreting it as such.  However, there is no inversion, or arrangement, or combination of the notes G, B, and Eb that would ever generate an Eb dim.  Diminished chords have both their 3rd and 5th flatted one half step.  So taking an Eb Major  (Eb-G-Bb) and flatting the 3rd (Eb-Gb-Bb), we have Eb minor, and if we also flat the 5th (Eb-Gb-Bbb), we have Eb dim, but Bbb is really A, so we actually have (Eb-Gb-A) for an Eb dim.  As I stated earlier, there is no way to get that combination out of G-B-Eb.  Play G-B-Eb in any inversion, and the keyboard will give you a G aug every time.  Play Eb-Gb-Bbb (Eb-Gb-A) in any inversion, and the keyboard will give you an Eb dim every time, but there is now way that G-B-Eb will ever give you an Eb dim.

No need for embarrassment.  We all have our moments - good and not so good.  I am just glad I could be of help, and that this was not a problem with your keyboard.  You can't rethink those away.  Now, just relax and go enjoy that CDP-230 - knowing that it is all OK !