Power on but no sounds!!!

Rudolph R-N R

So, was at a Christmas Party yesterday and powered on my X500.  All lights and buttons worked, but no sound!  Unplugged the adapter, re-started a bunch of times, made sure nothing was in the headphone jack, checked that the boards speakers were on in the settings menu.  Nada, nothing, zip, zero, no luck!  Someone had a Yamaha piagerro, which was an utter disappointment, the sounds and action don’t hold a candle to the X500, to say nothing of all the registrations I’ve worked so hard on.

Brought it home and the damn/blessed thing worked!  What?!!!!  Needless to say, am thrilled it worked, but now its got me worried.  Anyone else with this problem?

ive got two power supplies for it, an after market from upbright(?), and the one from Casio.  I leave one at home, one travels with me.  When i got home i tried both power supplies, they both worked!  Have to say though i have had some problems with the after market one, it comes out easily, have had it shut off the board a number of times.

Randy

Hi @Randelph , this is a scaring problem for live performer, a nightmare I'd say....

Anyway, reading to what happened to you I've notoced that your keyboard has started again once you was back at home... this thing make me think about the fact that in the meantime the electronics of your keyboard have had the time to completely discharge, I work with computer hardware and one of the trick that I try with pc that doesn't boot is to unplug the power and press the start button to discharge the capacitors.

I really hope you will not have the same problem again, it's really a panic-scenario...

I know a guy who went to a gig with his Wersi organ who had the same problem.   In the end the problem was traced to an electrical 'surge' at the venue when he switched on the organ ?  In his case blew some components on the motherboard !   As Casio supply their instruments worldwide maybe they have some sort of protection built in against electrical 'surges'  and can reset unlike this guy with his Wersi organ?