I have just bought a Celviano AP460 and understand that I can connect it to my computer and control it from there, but that I need to have MIDI Software installed on my computer? Can anyone recommend a software programme that is compatible with my keyboard? I have looked up MIDI Software on the internet, but there are so many different ones I have no idea which one to use!

If you have a PC take a look at Mixcraft made by Acoustica. This is the PC equivalent to Garageband. It isn't professional software but many people like it. Has a 14 day trial. A totally free one you may want to check out is Audacity. Audacity is straight forward and easy to use. Another popular one for  the PC is Reaper which you can try for free. 

• 4 weeks later...

Try Anvil Studio-I think it's still freeware-can do alot. and again, there are 2 ways to work with software-programs such as Audacity record audio directly from the audio outputs from your keyboard and save it as a .wav or other file to play directly through your computer's speakers and soundcard-most laptops have those built-in. or if you are interested in midi-which does not produce audible soundfiles but records and plays back digital data to/from your computer and keyboard through the USB or older midi DIN (5-pin) connectors-Anvil Studio is one example of that type of program.

There are many simple "midi player/sequencer" programs that allow you to download, store and play files ending in .mid (called standard midi files or SMF for short) on your computer and play those on the computer with no keyboard-or will also play the keyboard's built-in sounds if you are connected with your USB or midi DIN cables. if you need more help, you can post here or PM me here-I have used most major paid and freeware programs for quite awhile and can direct you to some other freeware alternatives. Another excellent website that has been posting music/computer programs for many years is the shareware music machine which is here:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/

This is still about the best resource I have found.  And this website below has a search engine on the main page. search midi player or midi sequencer....hope I helped.

https://sourceforge.net/