Bramley Studio

With the prospect of purchasing an amp for the PX-560 to use at small venues (village hall/church etc), I’ve spent some time researching: keyboard amps and active speaker solutions, as I read that many keyboard players find these a fine alternative.

I would like features such as that which appear on the Behringer KXD12 (keyboard amp) or the Alto MixPack 10 (Active Speaker/Portable PA): i.e. a small number of channel inputs, and stereo outputs etc.

The main thing is that I’ve not been able to find any keyboard user reviews of either of these with regard to their sound for something like the PX-560 - the key thing!

With a budget of around £300 I would appreciate any comments/suggestions/alternatives that the wise people on this forum can suggest.

How much does the SpaceStation v3 cost over there?

http://aspenpittmandesigns.com

Think about amp quality this way. You put a bunch of money into your keyboard, don't cheap out* on the sound by buying an amp that can't handle it and is of poor quality.

* I realize you might only have so much money left.

Lots of keyboard players go with the active speaker route for their full-range sound. the QSC K series is one example, the JBL EON is another. There are LOTS of threads about keyboard amplification over at the Keyboard Corner. 

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/18/1

You need stereo speakers to do justice to the PX560.  I use a HK Lucas Nano 300 because I don't like to hear any 'hiss' (white noise) when I'm not playing.    Before buying I auditioned many speaker/amps, some costing very much more, but found found that this 2.1 speaker set-up met my criteria regarding 'hiss' and is like a cross between studio monitors and stage speaker amps -ideal for small venues and is lightweight and portable