Considering switching to the PX560

Midiexpert

I love my Px5S but I think the 560 is more suitable for my new, current gigging situation. I need to split, switch sounds and transpose sometimes, and it seems quicker and easier with the 560. I will miss some of the user sounds I've downloaded, but I'm hoping the pianos at least are as good, and I don't need the battery power. I would also like the expression pedal input to be standard, as it is on the 560. I mostly use two keyboards, but with the 560 I'm wondering if I could get away with just that one more often. Anyone know how the organs compare?  I don't use the px5s organs at all, I use my 2nd keyboard (Roland VR-09) for that, but it would be great if the 560 improved the organ capabilities so I could use it in a pinch if needed (along with the expression pedal). Any user input is appreciated from anyone who has done the switch of keyboards (in either direction), too. I find I haven't use the on-board knobs and sliders nearly that much, and so I don't think i would miss them, I mainly use my PX5S for various pianos and less for the synths/organs, etc. I don't do a lot of sound design, either, I want quick easy acess to the stuff I use most and I am not using it as my main MIDI controller, either (I have an iPAd and go MIDI out into it at times, not that often.). 

Thanks, all.

Your other option is to wait until the PX5S is replaced with a new model. Of course it may not happen for a while but surely it must be imminent? Maybe wait until after NAMM to see if there are any new Casio models released. Otherwise the PX560 looks a good option for you but I have never actually seen one in any music shop in the UK. I remember asking at a main dealer in London soon after the PX560 was released and the shop manager had never heard of it! I wonder how well it has sold compared to the PX5S.

I think be a little patient.

AFAIK the pianos, both acoustic and electric on the PX-560 are the same as on the PX-5S. The PX-560 does include a new string-section sound that is quite lush compared to the old version, which is still present.

funky is giving good advice. Winter NAMM is so close why not wait and see if they have anything new coming out? An update to the PX-5S has been eagerly anticipated for a couple of years now (longer, actually!).

• 2 weeks later...