Slypou

Effect on external bass through the XW-P1

Is it possible to apply any effect to my bass connected to Inst in?

I can hear it but I don't know if it's possible to apply effect (exemple, compressor)?

I've tried many things but I don't know if I'm doing the right thing.

Sly

You asked earlier about the microphone input. Did you manage to get that one to work? The same rules apply to the instrument input (but NOT to the stereo audio input) except this time you apparently WANT to add effects, which you certainly can. Note that the mic and instrument inputs are in parallel; the same settings (aside from the gain knob of the mic input) apply to both. 

Yes both Mic and instrument works, I can hear them directly but I don't understand what to do to add effect.

To do it, there is no specific steps described in the manual neither in the companion document.

Maybe there is something related to the Oscillator or the DSP for which I'm not sure how they work.

Any steps I may have missed somewhere?

You can add reverb by increasing the reverb send level for the external part in the mixer. You can similarly add a chorus effect if the Cho/DSP parameter in the Effects menu is set to Cho. If that parameter is set to DSP instead then you can select a DSP effect from the Effects menu. Note that the "DSP" parameter of the external part has to be On for the external part in order for the DSP effect to have any effect on it. Also, if you are playing the solo-synth tone then the DSP effect in the solo-synth tone overrides whatever you have selected in the Effects menu. (So if the solo-synth tone has no DSP effect you will not hear a DSP effect.)

The rules of the XW-P1's effects system are pretty complicated but I did my best to break them down in The XW-P1 Companion.

• Thanks 1

Not easy but I finally figured it out.

Effect are working, that's very nice, I think I'm gonna spend a lot of time exploring that.

Thanks a lot.

Another question, is it possible to make new effect from the XW-P1?  I can make user setting from the existing effect by playing with the adjustment knob but I'd like to know if I can make completly new from another process? For exemple, the ring modulator give a complete different tone, this is the kind of sound I want to create.

You can make a custom effect based on any of the primary algorithms listed on page E-67 in the User's Guide. The parameters are described on pages E-88 to E-91. Just select a preset in the Effects menu, press Edit, choose the algorithm, adjust the parameters then save to a user effect memory.