PX560 vs Yamaha MOXF8

mitchelljay

What features of the MOX F8 do you like the most? I went with the Casio for the amazing bundle of features close to $1300 (I bought the stand with the 3 piano pedal

feature). Internal speakers we on mu *MUST HAVE* list for example. For the $'s you just can't beat the Casios. But if $'s aren't the top criteria then the feel of the keys

or perception of a "real piano" experience or any number of factors will drive your decision.

I'm interested in the feel and the synth capabilities combined with the piano sounds.  I currently gig with a Korg Krome.  I play in a party dance band and my church band.  I need a lot of flexibility with pads and synth sounds, but also great sounding pianos both acoustic and electric.

"Flexibility with pads and synth sounds": Check, except for monophonic (one-note-at-a-time) synth sounds. The PX-560 doesn't do monophonic. But the Hex Layer mode does great pads and the filters are very smooooth.

"Great sounding pianos both acoustic and electric": Check. I have heard a few complaints about the acoustic piano tone in the mid-registers but other than that owner responses I have read online indicate they are very satisfied with the piano tones. 

BUT...The PX-560 is no Krome. If you're looking for a superior replacement for the Krome the PX-560 isn't it. It's a different beast; mostly a stage piano but also a home piano with arranger features, while also being a synthesizer with some workstation features like a 17-track sequencer (but one without overdub capability, a pet peeve of mine).