Piano Hammer Noise

PAULD

CTK7200 I notice that the piano hammer sound varies among piano voice settings ie Stereo Grand and Dance Piano. I tried adjusting the DSP comp with no luck. Is there a way to lower/soften the hammer sound for a particular Piano voice? Thanks

The hammer sound is an integral part of the wave sample and can not be treated separately, although you could try lengthening the attack time very slightly to see if it will soften it a bit, but I doubt that you will like the results.  You can also try adjusting the Touch sensitivity of the keyboard (See right hand column of Page E-6 in the manual.), but lessening the sensitivity will also lessen what little expression dynamics the keyboard has to begin with. If you are used to a real piano or a weighted hammer action keyboard, try to learn to play the CTK-7200 with a little less strike force.  Unweighted "synth" type keys do not need to be, and should not be, pounded like real piano or hammer action keys.  Playing them like a real piano or hammer action board, can damage the key switches and cause them the reach the end of their useable life prematurely.  Personally, I have never noticed it that much on the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX boards, but this is one of the advantages of the 4 or 8 sample element higher end boards.  The hammer sound is usually one of the separate wave sample elements and can be treated separately and fine adjusted to your personal touch.

• 3 weeks later...