Re The Sampler - Exactly what IS the problem --

Songwriter2015

-- that some members ( it seems, in the main, to be a bugbear with a couple of our Brazilian friends ) have, with the way it "works"?

PLEASE, let me be clear! This is a very GENUINE question, born out of ignorance and puzzlement!

In no way am I trying to be " confrontational ", OR " critical ".

I THINK I understand that, for some reason, the way in which the Sampler works conflicts with how some owners understood, or, naturally presumed, it would??

Again, -- without ANY "insult" or "slur" intended, -- because of the language difficulties, I have found it almost impossible to get my head round the point of some of the posts!

That's MY problem and NOT that of the various posters!!

SILVANO, for example, OBVIOUSLY has something significant to say about, what he feels, are the failings of the Sampler!?!

Unfortunately, -- I emphasise, again, because of MY ignorance, -- I'm unable to understand what he is saying those failings actually ARE!! 

So, for my, and, perhaps, others' benefit, can anyone give me an idea of what it IS about the way the Sampler operates, that has, obviously, caused this extreme, and, I think it's fair to say, "angry" disappointment?!?

Thanks, in advance, for taking the time to read this.

Take care all

Chris

Leonh -- This is FUN!! :D

On a, slightly, "serious", note, the reason I asked the original question was that I/We have been using the Sampler a fair amount over the past few months, and, honestly, haven't found ANY problem with it at all!

I KNOW, however, that there HAS to be a "problem" for some users, because of the several posts "complaining" about it!

I was honestly just hoping I'd find out what it IS !?! 😊

Take it easy

Chris 

Hello friends.
The fact that we are Brazilians does not mean that we explore less than the instruments that you have.
Especially keyboards.
Here in Brazil for being immense we have varied musical cultures and a constant change in the musical scene.
This requires differentiated sounds where the solution comes from the samples.
Let's be honest that the MZ-X keyboard is already "ready" for the American and Asian market.
As for the Latin market until Casio is doing its part in the Tutorials and even with a small contribution called KIT BR (with bug).
  If colleagues could not find bugs in the samples they put on the keyboard CONGRATULATIONS.
I have 60mb of samples and still have missing notes but we are going the way it gives.
The fact of not mentioning the bugs anymore is that it's tired. Casio does not listen to the Latin market unfortunately.
When I quoted bugs or requests for improvements, IT WAS TO HELP THE BRAND AND IT WAS NEVER FOR THE FACT OF CRITICISM.

Olá amigos.
O fato de sermos brasileiros não quer dizer que exploramos menos que  os instrumentos de vocês. 
Especialmente teclados.
Aqui no Brasil por ser imenso temos culturas variadas musicais e uma constante mudança no cenário musical.
O que exige sons diferenciados aonde a solução vem dos samples.
Vamos ser sinceros que o teclado MZ-X já está "pronto" para o mercado americano e asiático. 
Quanto ao mercado latino até que a Casio está fazendo sua parte nos Tutoriais e até com uma pequena contribuição chamada KIT BR (com bug).
 Se os colegas não conseguiram achar bugs nos samples em que colocaram no teclado PARABÉNS. 
Tenho ocupado 60mb de samples e ainda tem notas desaparecidas mas estamos indo do jeito que dá.
O fato de não citar mais os bugs é que cansou. A Casio não escuta o mercado Latin infelizmente.
Quando citei bugs ou pedidos de melhorias FOI PRA AJUDAR A MARCA E NUNCA FOI PARA O FATO DE CRITICAR.

And continuing.
Casio mz-x IS NOT A KRONOS like vice versa.
KRONOS is a Synth and mz-x is an arranger.
No one here expects the Casio MZ-X to have the Kronos sample memory where everything runs in the most perfect harmony.
No one here is dumb enough to want to compare our MZ-X with Yamaha's new GENOS.
They are different proposals with very different prices.

I have recently had many ideas to post here in the Group that no one has mentioned so far.
But I think I'd better go my way in peace.

"No one has mentioned so far" probably because it's hard to understand what you're trying to say. What you wrote two posts above in English is a word-for-word copy of what Google Translate produces from what you originally wrote in Portuguese. So I suspect you speak very little to no English. Here in this forum, frankly, that's a huge impediment. 

The problem with casio is that it says that the tool supports 256 MB, 
but no one can use 30 without making mistakes, 
so we were hampered with misleading advertising, 
and say that the user does not know how to handle, 
it's an option for them not to take responsibility, 
we do not want to compare with any other instrument, 
but rather, we want to take advantage of what was published,
 if not possible, note "0" for CASIO

I read some older threads and I see that only problem is that when you preload some samples some keys are not responding or in another thread user sample  banks are disappearing .I had none if this problems on my MZ other request in those threads are not bugs they are features which  some users would like to have I.e bigger sample  preload ect and who wouldn't ;)

Why you people think that you can pay peanuts for MZ and then expect that to be a Kronos or Montage Casio is not perfect but nobody ever said it is the best workstations just most affordable so enjoy it and if it doesn't fulfill you needs then you know what to do pay much more for keyboard which can do what you need simple as that . 

13 hours ago, AlenK said:

"No one has mentioned so far" probably because it's hard to understand what you're trying to say. What you wrote two posts above in English is a word-for-word copy of what Google Translate produces from what you originally wrote in Portuguese. So I suspect you speak very little to no English. Here in this forum, frankly, that's a huge impediment. 

ALENK I can not spell English correctly.
But I won the title of ADVANCED MEMBER when I helped the CTK forum and everyone understood me.
At the time I had the WK7600.
I try to help the Brand and today I convince many Brazilians to re-bet on the Casio brand.
Where in Brazil always had negative opinions with CASIO KEYBOARDARRANGERS.
And continuing.
Here Brazil who has money to buy ARRANGER Korg PAx4, ketron AUDYA or YAMAHA TYROS 5.
So whoever wants Synthesizer buys KRONOS, MONTAGE.
We know that the MZ-X is an Arranger Keyboard with features of Synthesizer and Sampler Player.
Almost a WORKSTATION.

4 hours ago, Amado Jose said:

The problem with casio is that it says that the tool supports 256 MB, 
but no one can use 30 without making mistakes, 
so we were hampered with misleading advertising, 
and say that the user does not know how to handle, 
it's an option for them not to take responsibility, 
we do not want to compare with any other instrument, 
but rather, we want to take advantage of what was published,
 if not possible, note "0" for CASIO

My friend. We can not make negative reviews of the brand.
We have to thank Casio for coming back to the arrangers market.
Our criticisms have to be constructive and seek to indicate possible improvements.

1 hour ago, Silvano Silva said:

ALENK I can not spell English correctly.
But I won the title of ADVANCED MEMBER when I helped the CTK forum and everyone understood me.
At the time I had the WK7600.
I try to help the Brand and today I convince many Brazilians to re-bet on the Casio brand.
Where in Brazil always had negative opinions with CASIO KEYBOARDARRANGERS.
And continuing.
Here Brazil who has money to buy ARRANGER Korg PAx4, ketron AUDYA or YAMAHA TYROS 5.
So whoever wants Synthesizer buys KRONOS, MONTAGE.
We know that the MZ-X is an Arranger Keyboard with features of Synthesizer and Sampler Player.
Almost a WORKSTATION.

I don't doubt your willingness to help but being an "advanced member" is merely a matter of racking up a few posts. I don't know exactly how many it takes but I have seen someone with only 31 posts with that title. It's meaningless. 

I don't know about Chris but despite all the posts in this thread I'm no closer to understanding what's wrong with the sampler. From what Jose says you can't use even 30MB effectively ("without making mistakes"). Anyone been able to do that? 

ALENK Take a test.
Get a ZTN from the forum. Could be this one:

Copy to a folder and Rename and copy it again like this: ZTN1 ZTN2 ZTN3 ZTN4 ZTN5 ... And install these copies on your Casio MZ-X.
Already installed it is testing all these ZTN.
Relax then because the MZ-X does not recognize that it is the same ZTN File.
Certainly some ZTN Sound will be bug (Ex C5 failed)

I've downloaded and used multiple 32M Mellotron samples in 2 or 3 user places and without problems.  I've also created a new Drum set using samples I did from an old Seeburg Select-A-Rhythm unit and that works really well.

Setting up the samples within the SampleManager was really easy too.  The Mellotron samples do take some time to load when selected, but I have assigned the PRELOAD function for those samples.  Seems to work ok for me as I have never been able to duplicate anything that was mentioned.  Understand, I don't doubt there might not be an issue, but I've personally not seen it.

3 hours ago, CoreyW said:

I've downloaded and used multiple 32M Mellotron samples in 2 or 3 user places and without problems.  I've also created a new Drum set using samples I did from an old Seeburg Select-A-Rhythm unit and that works really well.

Setting up the samples within the SampleManager was really easy too.  The Mellotron samples do take some time to load when selected, but I have assigned the PRELOAD function for those samples.  Seems to work ok for me as I have never been able to duplicate anything that was mentioned.  Understand, I don't doubt there might not be an issue, but I've personally not seen it.

In fact I also have lots of samples that have no problems.
But I have a lot more ZTN samples than you do.
  You can install a 1mb ZTN and give problems as well as install a 30mb sample and have no errors.
They are random errors with no prediction of WHAT FACTOR GENERATES THIS EVENT.

We Brazilians start by exploring the samples.
Maybe in a few months or years this forum begins to comment on the bugs of samples.
But I've changed some rules here.
An example.
ALWAYS USE SAMPLE MANAGER WITH USB MZ-X CONNECTED.
And in fact it has reduced bugs.

Well, firstly, I've got to say that ALENK is dead right!!

I'm NOT any closer to understanding what's wrong with the Sampler!!

We've been in the process of producing a new album of original material over the past few months, and all I can say is that the Sampler has played a significant part in the way its turning out!......

....... and, sorry, but no matter WHAT anyone else says, some of those samples have been WAY bigger than 30mb!! --- Maybe I got a " magic" model?!!? 😊

I can only assume that SOME users are using the Sampler in a way of which I'm totally ignorant!!

As I said when I started this ( as it's turned out, quite "energetic" thread! ) I had/have NO INTENTION of being RUDE, INSULTING, or anything else, to ANYONE from ANYWHERE!!

BUT, as a daily user of the brilliant MZ-X500, all I can say is that I've NEVER experienced ANY problems with the SAMPLER ......... 

...... and all I'm asking is: IF there is a SERIOUS problem with it, that interferes with users producing the music THEY want.....

........ Then why on earth can't ANYONE, clearly and concisely, tell me what it IS??

'Cos, up until now....... nobody HAS!!

The one thing I AM sure of, again, no matter what ANYONE SAYS, is that there is a small minority of users that STILL don't appreciate that there's a basic fact that has ALWAYS applied to buying instruments in THIS, or any OTHER era......

...... Sadly, you CANNOT spend £500 and get a £5000 instrument!

I, personally, own TWO Mexican Strats, and for the money, they are, quite frankly, unbelievably good..... but neither comes near my "Custom Shop E.C."!!!!

BUT, using the basic, general, principle --- The X500 has come closer than ANY instrument I, personally, have ever known, at behaving like one that cost five times as much!!

Take it easy, all

Chris

• Like 1

And to carry on I had Yamaha Montage and I sold it to get Korg Kronos because Korg suits me better and of course  is nothing wrong with Montage brilliant but not for my workflow style so I don't go to Yamaha forums and nag about Montage why this why that you don't like it buy something else (Kronos).

Now Casio MZ X500 is perfect for me and my needs and I still don't  believe Casio managed to sell it so cheap  :huh:if somebody can find cheaper and better please tell me if not then accept it or get something else stop nagging make music :lol: (if you have enough sample memory:P)

• Like 1

One point to note is that we are not talking about criticism here.
But offering a point to anyone who makes the software and hardware of the Analyze line.
If I paid for 128mb / 256mb of samples I want to enjoy it, which I bought.
I have 73mb of samples on the MZ-X300 and I still have a ztn or another one missing a note.
What works out here is reloading the file.
If anyone from the forum so far has not had these problems congratulations.
No one here also wants to compare Brand X or Y.
The MZ-X for what you pay outweighs these bugs.

Here is a list of my Samples:

BASS FENDER

SCARBEE BASS

BRASS KICK ASS

BRASS LONG

BRASS TYROS 2

TROMBONES RAY CONNIFF

TROMBONE SOLO

TRUMPET KORG PA50

TRUMPET FR

TRUMPET MEXICAN FR

VOCALS CHOIR

DRUM KIT BRAZIL FRECORDS

DRUM KIT FORRÓ FR

DRUM KIT ZECA PAGODINHO (AUDIO DRUMS LOOP)

RHODES CELESTIAL

PIANO DX

SUPER DX

PEDAL STEEL

STRATO KETRON AUDYA

FENDER LIGHT

GUITAR ROLAND GW8

GUITAR BASE

BIG FAT DISTORTION

ORGAN KETRON AUDYA

PAD FANTASY

64 VOICE PIANO XP80

HIGH SAX LEAD

GROW SAX

SAX FR

SAX KENNY G

SUPER TENOR

SENSUAL SAX

STRINGS ROLAND

STRINGS KURZWEIL

ACORDEONS
GIULIETTI

ACORDEON2 PA50 SD

ACORDEON W.C

ACORDEON LETTICE

SCANDALLI

MASTER ACCORDEON

BANDONEON CS

VICTORINI BANDONEON

VODKAKORDION

HARMONICA

So! Just to enlighten me ( and, I would HOPE, at least a few other members of The Group! ) here's a question on an aspect of the Sampler that I haven't seen anyone even mention yet!

Has, or IS, ANYONE actually using the Sampler to sample "live" audio, because, up to now, all I've seen ( unless I need stronger specs! ) is examples of users sampling ........ well........ OTHER SAMPLES!! ..........

........ because, surely, that, in essence ( and, before anyone comes on to shoot me down in flames..... yes, I realise that's not an wholly accurate way of describing what's happening!! 🙄 ) is what's being done, in a lot of cases!

By that I mean, whether it's a DX7, another Yamaha, a Roland, a Kurzweil..... whatever...... the user is, in reality, attempting to get the X500 to reproduce a sound that already exists elsewhere, on, in most cases, another keyboard or sound module.

Absolutely NOTHING WRONG with that! Its been common practice ( particularly in what's come to be known as EDM! ), for years!

It's all down to what the user wants, or needs!

BUT, if these are the ONLY examples ( of use ) which are causing the, much quoted, ( but, to me, AND, it seems, users like ALENK, STILL unclear ) "problems" .........

....... then should "someone", perhaps, be looking at what "imported", "alien", files, do to the O.S. of the X500 --- and NOT vice-versa?!?

Has ANYONE used the X500 for "live sampling" of audio and been hit by any SEVERE "problems" that have interfered with their attempts to create the music they want --- ( and I'm NOT talking about problems relating to  "mic volume" or any such "nonsense"!??! ).

Maybe I'm being too simplistic!!

I'm almost certainly exposing my own IGNORANCE!!

But I'm not worried about being insulted, vilified, flamed, strung-up, or beaten to a pulp with a melon!! 😊 ........

........ Just so long as, at SOME point, ( EVENTUALLY ), SOMEONE, explains what, why, how, the "problem" IS, that is causing the Sampler to continue to cause some users to be so "disenchanted"!!

************************************************************************************

Personally, and expanding on something I think I've already mentioned, elsewhere, I/We plan to release a new album of original songs, towards the end of June, ( PLEASE don't have any worries about my having an over-inflated ego! This is, very much, a "creative" project, and the "release" will be VERY local!! 😄 )

If it's okay with you guys, around that time, I'll place a few "snippets" on the site --- where members of The Group will be able to hear the Sampler in all it's "glory" ........

........ On almost EVERY Track!! 😊

Take it easy, all

Chris

The fact is that the sampler tool allows to experience sounds of old synthesizers.
The same happens with the use of emulators in windows where old games are possible thanks to the technology.
We also have the most elaborate acoustic instruments where the keyboard has reached the limit of the edition.
I have 7 acoustic accordions installed on the MZ-X where I can choose different tastes of specific tones.
Today I can say that the keyboard is working 98% with 2% with bugs.
And I say DOES NOT HAVE COMPETITOR KEYBOARDS IN THE SAME PRICE AVERAGE BETTER THAN THE MZ-X.
What we do here citing mistakes is to help the brand.
So I advise friends to use the sampler tool with care.