So many features

Carter

Are so many features on the MZ-X500 the reason why no user or Casio rep (English speaking for US market) has been able to showcase the operation of these features in detail as of yet?

Rich Formidioni has the only video briefing of himself playing with a few features. Yet since this board has so many features that are often bragged about, how come no one has been able to showcase them in depth and actually show how it works?

Here is an example of one feature out of many that has no documented operation that it performs as claimed:

"This. This!  This is so much awesomeness.  Each pad phrase can be assigned to play any or all 16 parts of port A.  That means each of the 16 pads can be a unique phrase playing 16 different sounds at once or any combination of.  The possibilities are...wow! You can literally build entire songs right here alone using phrases. I'm just getting into this part of the MZ-X.  Lots of fun ahead.  😀"

This is from a post on the MZ X Facebook group.

Has anyone ever built a song or even operated this feature other than the member who themselves said, they are "just getting into this part of the MZ-X".

How about uploads of drum samples with Sample Manager, to create user kits/tones, that one could program midi phrases (of drums) so that user samples of drums are now midi info that can be better controlled for song construction in the MZ-X500. Since the Pattern Recorder does not allow you to use the pads for recording your drum kit, if you wish to use your own one shot drum samples when making a song, how can the features offered accomplish that and have all sounds available to the mixer for proper leveling. I have heard that sample volume levels are not easily adjustable per pad with the rest of anything you have sequenced.

I am quite certain I have left out plenty of features that have gone undocumented. I really wouldn't know much about the features if they are undocumented.

I hope someone can help me and others.

53 minutes ago, Randelph said:

Unfortunately, we’re a rather small user group, and, there seems to be very few that are digging in depth and sharing their experience.  In another thread about Sampling, Corey just left a detailed explanation of some ways to approach it and what to look out for.

Thanks for the heads up man. I'm looking to learn all I can and quite frankly, I just want to keep the conversation going. As you said, it seems most only have skimmed the surface in using all the features but more importantly not many seem open to sharing any personal experiences much. 

I do know we all support and like this board very much and I feel any criticisms are really due to lack of conversation about its operations.

I hope Casio continues to support this board especially in the U.S and hopefully we'll learn new info direct from Casio as well as from users too.

Echoing what RANDY said, CARTER, this IS a pretty small group, but there ARE ways to get the best info possible....... 

........ for example, the post from COREY, that Randy quotes, is worth anyone's time in reading.

I believe, EVERY member tries to be as helpful as they can, but there are, undoubtedly, to my eyes, some members who stand head and shoulders above the rest of we poor mortals!! 😊

Surely the the most BRILLIANT of all such knowledgable members, MUST be BRADMZ, who, it must be said, seems to know the X500 inside out!! 😊

He rarely fails to shine light on the darkness of confusion that some user is experiencing with the keyboard --- And MORE often than not he goes a long way further than that toward solving whatever problem they're experiencing!! 😊

I've said a couple of times in the recent few weeks, that, provided there's the WILL and enthusiasm from members, then there's no limit to how long this Group can continue to offer and receive help......

...... because, "small" it may be, in terms of active members, but the knowledge, skill, and talent, is most certainly here ---- in abundance!! 😊

Take it easy all

Chris

• Like 1