Bought one today....

Muso7

Hi all

I'm new here and just wanted to say a generic "thanks" for all the great information here.

I have had the MZ-X500 on loan for a very short time and absolutely love it - not taking it back!!! - what a magnificent keyboard and value for money .

I've obviously been studying the manuals and watching the variety of YouTube videos but must say that this forum has been the clincher.

I am a Kronos and PA4X owner and now this great MZ-X500

Very excited to get into some more music and new ideas (love hex layer feature)

Anyhow just wanted to say "Hi", "Thanks"  and "Happy New Year" to all

Cheers

Pete :)

• Like 1

Hey Rick

Yes, G.A.S. got the better of me - all good down here thanks.

I was a bit slow getting into this keyboard mainly because all I had was some very "mixed" youtube demos to go by and some of those can be totally misleading plus not able to physically try one.

Your contributions here (and PMs earlier) have been instrumental (pardon the pun) in my decision and my dealer very kindly let me borrow one!! (Rare in Oz - usually they want the $$$, then they order it in etc...) but it is a good dealership....

Have a lot planned for this keyboard now.... very happy

Cheers

Thanks Steve, Rick & Ronald

Having a ball with this MZ and it's only 2 days old!!

Can't believe how brilliantly it MIDI's up with my PA4X - using the PA4X to give me 76 keys to play the MZ too.

And yes, whilst my PA4X is also an arranger (which I love!!), I refuse to "compare" them as the MZ is a very different and brilliant keyboard - doing many things the Korg doesn't

For me, these two arrangers are a perfect match in that there is very little overlap.

Got to get into the Pads and some recording on it now but maybe some sleep first.....:boring:.

This forum is superb - the help and info is excellent - hope I can return some help sometime soon too.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muso7 said:

Thanks Steve, Rick & Ronald

Having a ball with this MZ and it's only 2 days old!!

Can't believe how brilliantly it MIDI's up with my PA4X - using the PA4X to give me 76 keys to play the MZ too.

And yes, whilst my PA4X is also an arranger (which I love!!), I refuse to "compare" them as the MZ is a very different and brilliant keyboard - doing many things the Korg doesn't

For me, these two arrangers are a perfect match in that there is very little overlap.

Got to get into the Pads and some recording on it now but maybe some sleep first.....:boring:.

This forum is superb - the help and info is excellent - hope I can return some help sometime soon too.

Cheers

👍

Good going Pete. I use my Kronos 2 with the MX500. Works great! Have you seen the new analogue 16 channel keyboard from Korg? 

• Like 1

Nice to see you PETE!! 😊

If I give you the number of my local, U.K. Ford dealership, do you think you could give them a ring and see if they'll lend me a new Mustang for a week or two?!? 😄

Anyway..... Congrats on a great purchase mate!

You're going to have a LOT of fun!!

Take it easy

Chris

I am sure you've all gone through this phase but I am still in "out-of-the-box-try-everything" mode, frequently reading the manual to figure out what I am doing.

But I am getting more and more blown away with this keyboard.

I love the fact that registrations include things like the rhythm "Fingered mode" setting - that is a bonus already compared to my PA4X and the freeze filtering is great :2thu:.

Sorry - I'll shut up soon - just still a bit excited - you know how it is ;)

Heading towards needing some help but will be patient and make sure my answers are not in the docs.

Oh - perhaps one quick one - can you actually hook up a MIDI controller in a manner where it can be basically an alternative keybed.

I've already had some great fun using my PA4X-76 to control and play the uppers and lowers on the MZ but I am asking is there a way for me to use my PA4X-76 purely as a 76-key MIDI controller - I think the global channel is 1 but really need a control channel I think.

Cheers & thanks