Video Files on Forum ×

subdirectory navigation

Maurizio Bove

If I'm reading your question correctly, I think the answer is that the PX560 only recognizes files on a USB device in the top level directory named MUSICDAT.

All MIDI"s, WAV's and Preset files need to be placed there to be used by the PX-560. Better organization might involve using multiple USB devices to separate

by type... of course that requires the wait for the load times.

Does that help? It may not be the answer you *want* but I think it's the right answer.

Yes. I think the number of files on the disk impacts the amount of time needed to mount the device for use so fever files per device is

a better way to organize for live work. The cost of the USB devices for samll sizes has really dropped so that's good: about $1/GB.

4GB seems to be the bulk size currently. That's a lot of audio recording space and still room for a lot of midi's so for $4 you've got a lot

of capacity in your pocket.

NOTE: Beware of really cheap devices because they can't keep up with real time audio recording and you'll hear stuttering and drop outs.

Thank your for your reply. Generally speaking i am not aware for the cost of the stick itself. My problem is handling thousand midi files divided by genre or artist in one directory. Impossible. Nor i can have sticks for every artist, of course. Only hope is casio fixes this absurdity with the next firmware upgrade but i think this will not happen.