My CTK-2400 wont work with my computer

Jakew773

Hello, I've recently purchased a Casio CTK-2400, once i got it and set it up i plugged it into my computer. When i did i got a message saying it was paired with my computer put when i use a sound studio such as MixPad it is showing that no sound is being recorded, please assist me with this, My computer Runs Windows 10.

• 1 month later...

I use this topic to avoir creating mine because i have a "similar issue". I'm trying to record the keys i played because that's what i've read about MIDI keyboard. I have the same keyboard (CTK-2400) and i have only the usb midi connected to my usb in my pc.

I have tried Audacity but i can't record anything. Can you guys lead me to a software / guide that could help me to be able to use my keyboard on my pc ?

Thanks !

To record MIDI data from the CTK-2400 on your computer, I recommend starting with Anvil Studio.  It is a free download and has a fairly low learning curve compared to other sequencer/DAW software - even other free/shareware programs.  You can download it from:

http://anvilstudio.com/

Keep in mind that playing back a recorded MIDI file will only sound like the CTK-2400 if you play it back from the computer to a CTK-2400, because only a CTK-2400 has the CTK-2400's sound engine.  Played back on any other device, the recording may only sound vaguely like the CTK-2400, or not at all.  To guarantee that your recording sounds very much or exactly like your CTK-2400 on whatever playback device is used, you need to connect its PHONES/OUTPUT jack to your computer's MIC or LINE-IN jack(s) with the proper adapter cable and do an audio recording with the Audacity that you already have, or with Anvil Studio's audio recording feature.  This will record to a wav file that you can then convert to MP3 or AIFF (CD format) and use or share it as you so desire.

See Page 32 of the CTK-2400 manual for MIDI connections and Page 35 for audio connections.