Boards with video out for singalongs?

Rudolph R-N R

A bit strange to ask this on this forum, but seeing as many of you own multiple keyboards I was wondering if you’d share your product knowledge and practical experience with me.

Ive been pretty happy with the X500, but if I did upgrade I’d want a board that:

Displays lyrics, at least thru the video out, and hopefully also on the keyboard display.  I want to have singalongs (not necessarily just karaoke), so having words for everyone to read simplifies everything.  Ive printed out lyric sheets before and that’s not a very practical solution 

Displays sheet music: would probably be easier to just use an ipad with a foot controlled pedal to change pages, but i thought I’d at least put it out there.

Have any of you done the video out thing for lyrics?  Seems like an elegant solution, esp. if i can also see the lyrics on the keyboard display.  Also, are lyrics something I’d be able to easily input for a given song?

Thanks,

Randy

5 hours ago, tnicoson said:

Also Yamaha top end PSR's, Tyros, and Genos.

Can these Top Range keyboards handle inputting lyrics into your own compositions,   score or chords?   That sounds like a handy skill to master, 

am not quite ready for a keyboard upgrade right now,  though  :)

UPDATE:   Just read that Band-in-a-box program does the lyrics input thing.  

Hey RANDY,

I hate to seem critical of Casio, or any of the other major manufacturers, but wouldn't it be a nice surprise if we woke up one day to find they'd actually LISTENED to some of the excellent ideas that users, such as those on this board, come up with?!?

"Scrolling lyrics", for example, RANDY, as you seem to suggest, SHOULD be a no-brainier - I mean, who on earth is going to say they DONT want them?

Further to that, as LOBBARD asks, what about lyric-input for original material?

That's something that I, as someone who is heavily involved in composition, would DEFINITELY go for!

Incidentally, RANDY...... I'm SO pleased, to hear that you enjoy a SINGALONG!! 😊😊

Maybe you, me, and Lobbard, can get together for a quick burst of "Hey Jude" 😄😄

Take it easy all

Chris