A sneak reveal has been posted.

XW-Addict

CTK / WK replacement sounds interesting, It has the same prints for drums it seems.

At first glimpse I though it to be an additionel LK type with the four part dance mixer.

But then I see the prints are for drumkits. It isn't a synth though because of the single mod wheel.   

Im not really a Casio veteran, but which series has lighted icons below the keys? From the picture it looks like it has been 'photoshopped' with a big red box design overlaid over the picture given the impression that they are lighted, but i don't think they are. I could be completely wrong, we don't have a lot to go on here. But with just a pitch bend and what could be a modulation button above it similar to that of a wk/ctk, that's where id place my bets...

That's a good point. Maybe it's just a trick of the light. I have seen pictures of other Casio home keyboards where it looks like the icons are backlighted but maybe they aren't either.

However, I didn't mean for the question of backlighting to become the issue. The fact is, Casio's pro keyboards don't use icons below the keys, backlighted or not.

So this is not a pro keyboard. The one we see in the teaser image is probably a replacement for the CTK-7200 and there might be a 76-key version as well that will directly replace the WK-7600. I don't consider either of those to be "pro" keyboards, although some people might. Whereas there are professional players who gig with the PX-5S and some (far fewer) even use the XW synths, I haven't heard of anyone using a CTK or WK model on stage. I'm not saying those keyboards are not very capable; they are. But the perception of professionals is that they are strictly home keyboards and, worse yet for many, they bear the Casio logo.  

17 hours ago, XW-Addict said:

Yup well guess that is it then. I do admit readint the ct x700 manual it has some interesting features inside I'm curious about the 

e.q mixer setting mentioned. 

The EQ settings remind me of the MZ-2000. It had master EQ presets like mid boost, high boost, low boost, etc.  I also notice the CT-X700 has a tray for a cell phone or small tablet like the XW series had, and an audio input for it.  Interesting stuff.

On 23-1-2018 at 4:19 PM, BradMZ said:

The EQ settings remind me of the MZ-2000. It had master EQ presets like mid boost, high boost, low boost, etc.  I also notice the CT-X700 has a tray for a cell phone or small tablet like the XW series had, and an audio input for it.  Interesting stuff.

I see square 36 I wonder if its angled with an additional framework.

But the polyfonie is 48 and 24 depending on notes it has a six track recorder. 

Can't find the sound system guess its CT level of sound for this keyboard also 

be as that.  Adding X700 sounds snazzy for a consumer entry model I think it replaces 

a previous model though.  

That's not the keyboard in the sneak preview. But it does seem to be a totally new range with the CT-X.

I think (Pure speculation) That the WK/CTK replacement will just be called CTK 8XXX. I also think that it will atleast have a touchscreen, and MAYBE doubled polyphony?!

If that's the case then it's out with the Tyros, in with the Casio. The MZ-X seems great, but is too expensive, so if the new CTK will do something along the MZ-X line then i'm all in.

And serious sound? The last time i was really impressed with how a Casio sounded was with the CTK-900/WK-3800..

For me it is, it costs only $699 in The Netherlands, but a WK costs half of that, and i think that the new CTK/WK range (IF there's goin' to be one, we will see that today probably) Will be something like a downsized MZ-X! So who knows? The same soundengine and polyphone and touchscreen as the MZ-X, for half the price? That would be awesome

Wow!  The CTX series sounds every bit as good as the MZX series.  I see they have a new sound engine called AiX.  To get these sounds in a lower priced keyboard will be a hit. I'm sure we'll hear even more news later today as NAMM kicks off.  Some early demos and specs are following the link.. 

http://www.casiomusicgear.com/products/ct-x-series/ct-x700

On 1/23/2018 at 10:04 AM, AlenK said:

However, I didn't mean for the question of backlighting to become the issue. The fact is, Casio's pro keyboards don't use icons below the keys, backlighted or not.

So this is not a pro keyboard. 

Out of interest, I checked my MZ-2000 and HT6000. Both use icons above the keys to show the drum/ percussion instruments and with the HT6000, the key notes also. The MZ2000 was most definitely in pro territory, albeit arranger keyboard class. The HT6000 was technologically in pro territory, though the built in speakers and rhythms/ drums kind of aimed it at pro home users.

Suffice to say, my VZ-1 and CZ-1 do not have any icons, but then again, they have no built in drums/ rhythms. Neither do my XW-P1 or G1 have icons either, but the drums and rhythms are much more customisable and are controlled mostly by the step sequencer.

Maybe the MZ2000 and HT6000 bucked the trend by having icons above the keys?

IMG_20180125_124953.jpg

IMG_20180125_125021.jpg

11 minutes ago, Chas said:

Out of interest, I checked my MZ-2000 and HT6000. Both use icons above the keys to show the drum/ percussion instruments and with the HT6000, the key notes also. The MZ2000 was most definitely in pro territory, albeit arranger keyboard class.

I didn't say they never did. I said they don't, which implies current product. But I would challenge the idea that the MZ-2000 was considered a professional keyboard when it was released. Even Casio called it only a "high-grade" keyboard. That's not to say that it isn't immensely capable or that it couldn't hold its own with similar keyboards of the day. It is and it could. But as Brad just said, it's all about perception, fair or not. 

http://arch.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/emi/past/high_grade/mz2000.html