Video Files on Forum ×

New to Casio WK 7600

I got one of these last year. The manual i find only helpful for reference rather than a full understanding as it is almost written in hieroglyphics. I recommend this series of video from the youtuber funnzie. By far the best way for me at least, to understand the WK/CTK series... It is very extensive and will keep you busy for a few hours!

Funnzie did a very detailed review of this board. Initially he was disappointed with the piano sound and short sustain, but later put together more tutorials explaining how to actually use the features. He also figured out how to edit the piano sound so it was more to his liking and he covers that also. This is the most detailed review of a keyboard I have ever seen.

i

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip about this youtube tutorial series.

One hundred times better than the manual (which is obviously written for someone who already knows everything about the CTK-7200).

I already feel better since watching tutorial 1 - before that I was not happy with the operating system, and considering sending it back for a refund.

I wonder why the manufacturers don't issue this sort of tutorial series. They might have more happy owners, I think.

This is my third day owning the keyboard, and I look forward to watching the next tutorials.

7 hours ago, JohnS said:

Thanks for the tip about this youtube tutorial series.

One hundred times better than the manual (which is obviously written for someone who already knows everything about the CTK-7200).

I already feel better since watching tutorial 1 - before that I was not happy with the operating system, and considering sending it back for a refund.

I wonder why the manufacturers don't issue this sort of tutorial series. They might have more happy owners, I think.

This is my third day owning the keyboard, and I look forward to watching the next tutorials.

Indeed, the manual does indeed make it seem the the operating system is more complicated than it is because it is poorly thought out and seems almost designed to confuse. But once you spend some time with it along with the tutorials above it makes a lot of sense and is quite intuitive i find, getting you anywhere within a few button presses but is far from perfect. It does make me wonder how many have sent their WK/CTK's back, all because of the manual?

23 hours ago, Lee33 said:

Indeed, the manual does indeed make it seem the the operating system is more complicated than it is because it is poorly thought out and seems almost designed to confuse. It does make me wonder how many have sent their WK/CTK's back, all because of the manual?

Yes, You're right, I had exactly that thought before I saw Funnsies tutorials.