CKF to AC7 Rhythm File Conversion

If you are talking about any of the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models, then the keyboard itself is the converter, but I can not speak for any of the other models that use the AC7 Rhythm file format, as I am not familiar enough with any of them to say.  You can copy the CKF Rhythm files into the MUSICDAT folder on an SD Card with a computer, move the card to the SD Card slot in the keyboard, then LOAD them into the keyboard's User Rhythm  memory with the keyboard's LOAD/SAVE feature, then move (SAVE) them back to the SD Card (also with the LOAD/SAVE feature).  When they come back to the SD Card, they will come back as AC7 files.  It is much less tedious to do this with the Data Manager 6.1 software.  Use it to move the CKF files from the computer directly into the keyboard's User Rhythm memory, then move them back to the computer.  When they come back to the computer, they come back as AC7 files.  That is about all there is to it.  To my knowledge, there is no software program to do this conversion separate from the keyboard, and I see nothing in the Data Manager User's Guide that leads me to believe that Data Manager can do it separate from the keyboard.

Keep in mind that CKF ( Casio Keyboard File) files are "distribution" files.  They are more or less Casio proprietary "zip" files, which can contain anywhere from a single to any number of Rhythm, Tone, Tone with Wave, Drawbar Organ, Drum, Drum with Wave, DSP, Song, etc. files, or any combination of the same.  On older keyboard models, Rhythm files extracted to files with a .Z00 file extension.  In the newer keyboards, they extract to files with a .AC7 file extension.  Because of vast changes in the sound engine, newer keyboards can not extract any of the other types of files from CKF files.  If the newer keyboards or Data Manager 6.X do not "see" anything in a CKF file, that means there are no extractable .Z00 Rhythm files in the CKF file.  They will not recognize the other file types in a CKF file - just the Rhythm files.

- T -

• Like 1

As I no longer have my CTK7000 with SD Card media perhaps someone ( like tuxfriend who, like me is into Rhythm files ?) could covert these CSK Rhythm files to AC7 on their keyboard and post them back as AC7 downloads for the benefit of Forum members.   -Now that would be great !