Video Files on Forum ×

Extracting a single stage setting

Tom Williams

I've been putting my favorite 50 stage settings into the banks 0-4, to allow space for stuff I tweak / create in banks 5-9.  // Select a stage setting / write / decrement until I hit the planned destination number / Enter / Yes //  30 to 50 times.

Unfortunately, I fatigued a little after a while, and overwrote a stage setup that I would have preferred to keep.

No problem, thinks I, I'll just restore it from the backup I made before I started all this.  The backup is in an "All" (.ZAL) file.

Uh-oh.  I haven't found a lot of documentation on manipulating ZAL files. 

Is there a way to load a single element, such as a stage setting, from a ZAL file without overwriting the whole PX-5S?

Brad: Thanks, and might I add, arrgh. 

I was hoping you'd say something like "You dummy, the ZAL librarian function is clearly documented in the <insert manual name or FAQ sheet here>,"  but nooooo, you had to confirm my understanding instead. 

Oh well.  I still got a bunch of space freed up, and even managed to create a setup for a song I've recently learned.  I'm actually starting to feel like this keyboard is "mine."