CTX series premier (NAMM 2018)

Brad Saucier

57 minutes ago, BradMZ said:

I don't know if this link will work for those not on Facebook but here is a quick demo from Rich at NAMM...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159976734340541&id=80525645540

The Fonz said eAH:2thu: its expressive you know it because the recording sux but the keyboard sounds broke through good test love it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BradMZ said:

What is the problem with keys making noise?  

It depends on how much noise..

My KN-501 from Technics made so much noise you could hear them over my playing through headphones.

There was a clip posted on the MZ-X group with the X-500 keys making lots of noise, rattling, clanging.. It's just that you know, making a bit of noise isn't a problem of course, but making SO much noise that it's distracting is..

Really want to see the specs on (and hear!) the CT-X5000! If it's the 700 "turned up to 11", that really might be a great addition to my more "living room friendly" setup. Love the mod button, hope it has MIDI DIN, and perhaps some of the synthesis features of the XW (but I know that's probably unlikely). At an MSRP of $799, it could be a killer.

I hope that for once they have done something about their lackluster styles.
Even older Yamaha styles (PSR2000/PSR9000) Sound vibrant and dynamic, and Casio seems to get a lot of rythms right (Especially the Latin styles) But they just don't groove, they sound programmed, and that's too bad.

(It says something when you see people online who program styles better than the originals)

32 minutes ago, BradgeMusicTube said:

I do think that these are different presets though, i can't imagine casio implementing that with velocity switching.

The fall is evidently velocity switched but Rich appears to be triggering the shake and doit by pressing buttons. Is he merely selecting different tones? Probably, but if so the switching seems to be really fast so I suppose it could work as a practical way to trigger those articulations (in association with higher velocity). It's not quite as nice as something like DNC on a Korg PA because here you would still have to switch back to the "regular" tone. 

The button he seems to be pressing is the  plus button below the numeric keypad. 

BTW, a songbook for the CT-X700 has already been posted:

https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=1793

And I found the User's Guide and Appendix:

https://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008007003

P.S. The list of tones in the Appendix document confirm that Rich did indeed merely step to the next two consecutive trumpet tones to get the shake and then the doit (which the Appendix and Rich call a glissando, which is also correct terminology, if a bit less specific).

Well if there is no 76 key variant then its a no deal for me, will just stick with the WK 7600. These new keys sound a bit better from the sounds they wanted us to hear, but really that's about it and the Organ and E-pianos are pretty good on the WK/CTK so, for me, its just not enough to justify the purchase...

Yet another video of Rich at NAMM. Did no one else do booth duty this year?? The script is once again in play. I wish I knew what a "period accurate" phaser is, ha ha. Regardless, it would be nice if Casio has finally managed to do a decent phaser effect.