swell, volume, expression PX5s

Tim

On 1/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, Tim said:

Is there a way to connect an expression pedal to the PX5S with doing so via in-line to the amplifier?

As far as I can tell, only if you use an external pedal-controlled MIDI volume or expression control signal that can send signal to 4 MIDI channels, going to the PX's MIDI input.

Otherwise, the answer is "no."  It's one of the PX-5S's few, but frustrating, weaknesses.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

THX...That's what I thought. I know the B3 patches aren't too bad but playing without any real time expression makes them less usable for me. The guy at Kraft music says "oh sure" there's two pedal inputs. He didn't bother to check that neither can be used for a volume. I'd have been pissed if I'd have bought it based on his answer. Still seems like a pretty awesome board. If the price ever comes back down to $799 again I'll surely pick one up. 

14 minutes ago, Tim said:

THX...That's what I thought. I know the B3 patches aren't too bad but playing without any real time expression makes them less usable for me. The guy at Kraft music says "oh sure" there's two pedal inputs. He didn't bother to check that neither can be used for a volume. I'd have been pissed if I'd have bought it based on his answer. Still seems like a pretty awesome board. If the price ever comes back down to $799 again I'll surely pick one up. 

Technically both pedal inputs can do volume. It's just that they are based on a switch type pedal that triggers a volume swell or dip rather than a continuous control.  

As for your original question, of course an analog volume pedal can be inserted between the PX and amp, just keep in mind that a setup like that will control volume for everything, not just one layer of sounds. 

• Like 1