The CT-X range!

TheBradge

6 hours ago, Lee33 said:

Over the next 12 months there is going to be some great deals on the WK/CTK series as Casio look to offload the stock. Already the CTK 7200 is an excellent proposition only just more expensive that the X700. It's older tech but they have some useful features that the X700 do not have. 

I doubt people listening  to the XT series  higher sound quality would still  want  to buy  any CTK/WK.

UK Casio purchasers pay a fair bit more for their Casio gear when compared to US pricing.  On the other hand, they seem to enjoy access before US customers.

To shop directly from US websites (at US prices) check https://www.myus.com/

Not endorsing them... just suggesting you check it out.  Basically you buy the product from any US based equipment vendors website (musicians friend, sweetwater, etc) using either a credit card or paypal and have it shipped (typically for free) to the myus physical address in Florida.  They then ship it to whatever address you specify.  You pay for those shipping costs.  Myus also charges a membership fee.  In my case, I found it cheaper just to buy local, but UK prices are high enough that myus might make sense.  They have a shipping calculator on the site.

Again, not endorsing them.  Never used them.  It's just an option I came across.  There are probably others.

>Charlie

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:43 AM, Lee33 said:

Over the next 12 months there is going to be some great deals on the WK/CTK series as Casio look to offload the stock. Already the CTK 7200 is an excellent proposition only just more expensive that the X700. It's older tech but they have some useful features that the X700 do not have. 

There's bells and whistles, but I have always lived for a better sound engine in any keyboard.

So, there's no sliders on the face-not the end of the world, but I was NONE impressed with the CTKs-WKs with the AHL sound source and the underwhelming 7 watt speaker system. Both rigs were colorless, lifeless affairs with only "panty hose" to protect the speakers from possible disaster.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:46 AM, BradgeMusicTube said:

I do have to say that i really like the X5000 appearance... But if those other things are all? (Althought 2x6 or 2x15 watts is a pretty big difference)  hmm, might go for the 3000.

Speaking of appearance, do you think that Casio is doing a "wink, wink" at the Korg PA700, by including red in its color scheme?

2 hours ago, skyy38 said:

Speaking of appearance, do you think that Casio is doing a "wink, wink" at the Korg PA700, by including red in its color scheme?

I don't think so actually, i had the PA700 and i didn't really notice any similairities, the colour scheme is completely different, and i think it's just something they think of as cool

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:46 PM, BradgeMusicTube said:

I don't think so actually, i had the PA700 and i didn't really notice any similairities, the colour scheme is completely different, and i think it's just something they think of as cool

One advantage that CASIO will always have over Korg.

The UI of Casio is not NEAR as confusing, as the PA series, or Roland, or Yamaha.

Right now, I am trying to dump my recent purchase of Korg PA600, in favor of the CTX-5000, for more than ONE reason.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, mirka said:

For those (in the US) who have an amplified system, active speakers etc... (and thus don't need  the 30 watts of the x5000)  the X3000 is a great bargain at this price,

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CTX3000--casio-ct-x3000-61-key-portable-keyboard

If the X3000 was supposed to be a "Great Bargain" at the stated price, then WHY did Casio bother with an X5000?

YOU could get everything YOU need for less than $200 bucks with the 700 Model.

• 2 months later...

The main differences between the CTK-7000 / WK-7500 and the CTK-7200 / WK-7600 are that the Draw-bar sliders are now 8-step devices for more fine control, unlike the old three-stage coarse controls and the EQ is added to the section Mixer. IMO - these improvements cost an additional $ 50 for new models.

On 4/9/2018 at 12:25 AM, skyy38 said:

One advantage that CASIO will always have over Korg.

The UI of Casio is not NEAR as confusing, as the PA series, or Roland, or Yamaha.

Right now, I am trying to dump my recent purchase of Korg PA600, in favor of the CTX-5000, for more than ONE reason.

AMAZING UI.  I feel like I'm actively painting with sound.

I spent the last two weeks teaching a Sound Explorers Summer Camp and the CT-X700 was a huge hit. Easily the most favored keyboard (a roster of which contained some 1000+ boards!). Kids loved that they could grab it and take it to a table and make real music very quickly.

Next, my CT-X700 is going on a Florida road tour! July & August we're going from the Gulf Coast to the Space Coast -- let's see what adventures (and misadventures!) the CT-X700 can find!