Video Files on Forum ×

Preload setting?

Adey

• 3 years later...

On 1/28/2018 at 7:38 PM, Brad Saucier said:

This setting determines how expansion memory wave data is handled. Preload, loads selected user tone wave data into RAM during bootup.  With preload disabled, wave data is not loaded at bootup, rather when a user tone with wave data is selected.  

Here is what the manual says.

Screenshot_20180131-094342.png

That means keyboard load the samples at the time of boot? There are mex 12 samples can be preloaded at the time? Is there any USB required for this setting?

On 1/28/2018 at 11:24 AM, Adey said:

Hi, can anyone enlighten me on what preload setting does/is? I’m finding the manuals pretty vague & unhelpful! I’m trying to globaly set my mz 500 & getting nowhere!  Any help appreciated. Ta.

Casio MZ-X Preload is a tool created to partially correct the delay in reading ztn samples. If you have sampled Tones that are larger than 2.5 megabytes it is recommended that you add them to PRELOAD. Tones smaller than 2.5megbytes do not suffer from latency when loading unless you have many samples in use at the same time. A precious tip: DO NOT USE ALL THE MEMORY IN YOUR PRELOAD AS IT MAY OCCUR LOCKS IN THE FACTORY TONES.

On 1/28/2018 at 7:38 PM, Brad Saucier said:

This setting determines how expansion memory wave data is handled. Preload, loads selected user tone wave data into RAM during bootup.  With preload disabled, wave data is not loaded at bootup, rather when a user tone with wave data is selected.  

Here is what the manual says.

Screenshot_20180131-094342.png

Preloaded samples cannot be able to remove or edit. Once, if the sample is loaded to PRELOAD memory?

12 hours ago, Akshansh said:

Preloaded samples cannot be able to remove or edit. Once, if the sample is loaded to PRELOAD memory?

If you re-edit a ZTN Sample and it is enabled in Preload you will have problems, You need to first remove the Sample from Preload to change or delete. Over time you will get used to the feature, just explore